Ron Paul?

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
Is Ron Paul still running? Not a lot of coverage of him over here or on most media really. I keep an open mind on politics. I have to say while I would probably be inclined to vote democrat, out of all candidates I have seen he made the biggest impression on me. I don't agree with everything he says, but you can't because politicians have to take a position on everything. But overall, had a good message I thought.

Some American friends I know said he didn't have a chance in hell because of the impact he would have had.

Who knows.

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote:
    Is Ron Paul still running? Not a lot of coverage of him over here or on most media really. I keep an open mind on politics. I have to say while I would probably be inclined to vote democrat, out of all candidates I have seen he made the biggest impression on me. I don't agree with everything he says, but you can't because politicians have to take a position on everything. But overall, had a good message I thought.

Some American friends I know said he didn't have a chance in hell because of the impact he would have had.

Who knows.

ron paul has been out for a while. I too had to wikipedia him to find any non-biased info (and who knows if that wasnt biased). I thought his basic principles were decent (not all of them), but once he got into the crazy conspiracies and un-orthodox solutions; I lost interest.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ron Paul has never dropped of the Presidential race. Officially, he's still running for the republican nomination.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    snadam wrote:
    Turgon wrote:

Who knows.

ron paul has been out for a while. I too had to wikipedia him to find any non-biased info (and who knows if that wasnt biased). I thought his basic principles were decent (not all of them), but once he got into the crazy conspiracies and un-orthodox solutions; I lost interest.

Yes, I think he had some good principles there.

Crazy conspiracies and un-orthodox solutions? What were those then?
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote:
    Ron Paul has never dropped of the Presidential race. Officially, he's still running for the republican nomination.

my bad...still a longshot though...I guess he could run as an independent if he still can change parties? I dont know, Im not too savvy on the rules of presidential campaigns...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    blargoe wrote:

Blargoe,

I think he's a very intelligent and thoughtful man. Assuming he does disappear, do you think his position on some things will have influenced the remaining candidates in positive ways?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Ron Paul was displaced by Bob Barr.