Options

MeasureUp question....

bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Currently, every Friday at noon, a full backup of the data partition takes place. However, because more critical data is being stored on the file server, you decide to configure a backup procedure in addition to the full backups that occur every Friday. You want to perform a daily backup of the data partition that contains all changed files since the last full backup. The procedure that you choose should provide the fastest restore.

Which backup type should you choose when you configure the daily backup?

Daily
Normal
Copy
Incremental
Differential

MeasureUp says to use a Copy backup. I understand why they want Copy to be used, but it is against my instincts. My instinct said to go with Differential, even though a restore from the Copy is the fastest, because Differential is usually the most heavily tested question. I haven't encountered too many MS exam questions that want you to choose Copy, have you all?
Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Differential is correct. The question specifically asks for only files that have changed since the last backup. A copy backup will back all files up, whether they've changed or not.

I'm not a big fan of MeasureUp. Their products don't seem to be of the highest quality.
  • Options
    KeetsKeets Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The best part is they are a Microsoft partner. Throughout all of my classes, I've found 5 wrong answers so far.
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only reason I could guess the book would pick copy is because it would meet the requirement of containing all the changes since the last full, and be faster then differential when restoring. Question doesn't say that it can ONLY contain changes since the last full, but that it does indead contain the changes. So I can see where the book is right, but what's the point of doing copy's everyday? Might as well do full's or something..... or just do differentials like normal admins.

Practically, differential is where the money is at.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA