Options

CCNP Composite 642-892 Ahead

mentalistmentalist Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone!!

Well I was going through this website and was amazed about the CCNP Talks all around. Anyways I've taken my CCNA exam last January and it was a practise for me and never found it challenging. Now I am almost done with all the topics of BSCI and BCMSN and would want to see myself against CISCO. :)icon_cool.gif

Now the question is have anyone taken this exam lately?? How was it??? How many labs are in???

If anyone knows something close let me know as soon as possible.

Cheeers

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mentalist wrote:
    How many labs are in???
    The Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.
    and the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.
    would prevent someone from answering that question.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mentalist wrote:
    Now the question is have anyone taken this exam lately?? How was it??? How many labs are in???
    Many people. Just right. As many as Cisco deems is enough. Or as Mike alluded to, you'll have to write it to find out. Cisco is one of the strictest when it comes to maintaining the integrity of their exams. :)
  • Options
    Paul's quote about the exam in this 642-892 COMPOSITE passed thread seems to describe the "Composite Experience" nicely icon_lol.gif
    Paul Boz wrote:
    This test is not over rated whatsoever. I'm bruised from the kitchen sink hitting me because they threw everything at me INCLUDING that!
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yep, you're right Mike.

To the OP, if you study both blueprints and the associated material you'll do fine. It's just two tests in one. There isn't some magical ether-world that exists between the two that spawns new technologies not covered on either of the single exams. If your goal is to get through the CCNP as quickly as possible I advise you take it.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    Okay here is a question that shouldn't violate anything (since the information is available from VUE, I'm just feeling lazy - its a Monday)...

How long are you alloted for the combined exam vs. taking each individual exam?
  • Options
    The exam blueprints say 120 minutes for the composite and 90 minutes each for the BSCI and BCMSN exam.

There is no hint about the number of possible questions.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank U all !!!!!

I was just getting ready and setting my Exam dates so thought to share something here...!

I live in KSA and was wondering about the COMEBACK thing!! is it applicable in all VUE overseas or it's just restricted to US and CANADA..?

Thanks once again!!!
  • Options
    It doesn't say anything about it not being applicable in Saudi Arabia, I would give your local Pearson VUE office there a call and ask them. Details about the "SECONDCHANCE" offer are here: http://www.vue.com/cisco/secondchance/ (the "COMEBACK" offer is geared at those who have let their recertification deadlines elapse).
  • Options
    Thank U Astorrs,

I just can't get myself together because i still think that most of it will be wireless and some funny dhcp ip pool questions. Its BCMSN for god's sake why can't they just drop the toughest questions in in real Routing and Switiching??

If anyone has some picking up lines please write it over,, i might really need it :D:D:D
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    mentalist wrote:
    If anyone has some picking up lines please write it over,, i might really need it

I usually just use the old "do you have a mirror in your pocket, because I can see myself in your pants!" icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    mentalist wrote:
    Its BCMSN for god's sake why can't they just drop the toughest questions in in real Routing and Switiching?

dude seriously, Go big or Go home!!

maybe you should stick with Comptia's stuff. :D
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • Options
    larkspur wrote:

There's no reason to be rude :)

I agree that the wireless on the cisco exams is a pathetic attempt at marketing but you can't really expect cisco to not push their stuff. I got a 978/1000 on the composite and I would have had a perfect score if it wasn't for some silly wireless stuff.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    There isn't some magical ether-world that exists between the two that spawns new technologies...

Somebody has watched the CBT Nuggets 1 too many times... icon_lol.gif
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options

Somebody has watched the CBT Nuggets 1 too many times... icon_lol.gif

What are you talking about?
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    Paul Boz wrote:
    larkspur wrote:

There's no reason to be rude :)

I agree that the wireless on the cisco exams is a pathetic attempt at marketing but you can't really expect cisco to not push their stuff. I got a 978/1000 on the composite and I would have had a perfect score if it wasn't for some silly wireless stuff.

yeah that was abit rude, so I will apologize for that.

I am tired of people complaiing about the difficulty of the exams. Yes the exams are hard and for good reason. What we do is hard you have to think alot and make sure you got it. Depending on where you work there can be little room for error. If you aspire to go big then prepare fully and be fully prepared.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

that's all i got sorry for hijacking.

:D
    just trying to keep it all in perspective!
  • Options
    The guy from the CCNP CBT Nuggets says "magical ether-world" all the time.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    The guy from the CCNP CBT Nuggets says "magical ether-world" all the time.

hahaha I've never noticed that. I usually tune out most of jeremy's non-technical banter. I picked it up from a poli-sci professor I had a few years ago that would just go on and on about how simple politics are. "It's not like these topics come out of some magical ether-world. This stuff is simple simple simple!"
    larkspur wrote:

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

:D

You can't get much more "go big or go home" than taking the composite. At least at the professional level :)

I think much of the complaining comes from the fact that the CCNP and the CCNA are almost worlds apart. People snag the CCNA with relative ease and assume the CCNP will be the same way. For some that is the case, but for many it is a rude awakening.

To be honest, I love reading about how hard people think this stuff is. It is very re-assuring to know that I have mastered many of the skills people have trouble with. The thing about this stuff is that if you pay attention and actually learn it none of it is really hard. I would never say it's EASY. By no means would I ever say that. The problem most people have is that they see the certifications as a way to boost their career and aren't in it because they love the technology and information. If you want this stuff to be much easier you have to embrace it.

I knew I was in the right field when my wife told me to clear out my books from the bathroom and I had to make three trips icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I found a copy of routing TCP/IP that had been lost in the bathroom cabinet since I moved. My wife jokingly asks if I'm "routing tcp/ip" when I'm spending "extended time" in the restroom hahaha
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote:
    The thing about this stuff is that if you pay attention and actually learn it none of it is really hard. I would never say it's EASY. By no means would I ever say that.

I completely agree with that, but I think what makes it harder than the CCNA for most people is just how much stuff you have to know. None of it is all that difficult to understand, but there is a crap load of it.
  • Options
    tennymatttennymatt Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Hi!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    For me, this material seems a lot easier than the Microsoft exams I've taken, mainly because I'm interested in it. Almost every chapter I read makes me think of something that could be done better/easier where I work and I've spawned at least 3 new projects at work since I started studying. Microsoft was too hard to read through because I just didn't find it interesting in the least. I guess it's just to each their own.

This composite exam sounds like a beast, though...I think I'll stick with splitting them up just for sanity's sake.

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck bro
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."