Options

Question regarding CCNP BSCI Lab Portfolio

ashbalashbal Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I am getting ready to start preparing for my CCNP BSCI. I have got the official exam certification book. Apart from that, I am also thinking about buying this book CCNP Building Scalable Internetworks (BSCI 642-901) Lab Portfolio (Cisco Networking Academy) (Lab Companion) (Paperback).

Has anyone used this Lab companion and did you find it useful ? Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been using it and like it a lot. Lots of good scenarios on all the exam objectives
  • Options
    NeonNoodleNeonNoodle Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it's useful, but the authors could have spared us with the pages and pages of successful pings. Perhaps they could have used those pages for more labs like doing a lab on configuring a stub router in EIGRP. There are also some discrepancies between the diagrams and the initial configs. Overall, it's helpful, but there is lots of room for improvement.

Edit: I should add that they do a good job demonstrating the learning objectives with only three or four routers.
    I recognize the lion by his paw.
    --Jacob Bernoulli
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Is the Lab Portfolio "get-able" for non-academites? I'd like to get hold of it.

Preciate if anyone can throw me a source / link.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    NeonNoodleNeonNoodle Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not enrolled in the academy. I found them in a bookstore here in Taipei, but you can buy them from Amazon
    I recognize the lion by his paw.
    --Jacob Bernoulli
  • Options
    ashbalashbal Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the information.