Options

what`s the best book for windows xp study (70-270)

Alan12Alan12 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody,

I am studying for the 70-270 exam i have the official microsoft course book and a test king questionnaire but it`s not really doing it for me. I am trying to get a book that explains more.
Does anybody know a good book to study with??

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, **** are actual exam questions and therefore **** material, so they're not going to provide a great deal of instruction.

Check out the MS Press or Sybex books.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You sure you want to do 70-270? You might be better off with Vista.

either way,
    Step 1 - Ditch the cheatware, bet something like Transcender
    Step 2 - Watch the training vidoes on the subject at www.vtc.com and Itidiots.com
    Step 3 - read both the Microsoft Press and Sybex books, run every lab! That is the most important part, run every lab.

You should be good to go anywhere from 3 to 6 months depending on experiece and time you can dedicate to it.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    XP will become obsolete in not too distant future, Vista cert is what you should be looking forward to and if you're looking for a single source that will get you through exam then look for the book tittled

http://www.amazon.com/MCSA-Self-Paced
    -Training-70-270-Pro-Certification/dp/0735621527/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1213033953&sr=11-1

You wouldn't need any other supplement with this. This text book covers A to Z of what you'll see in the exam.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm going to go with the crowds here and say skip over 70-270 altogether, and go for the Vista exam instead. Definately skip over using the ****, (the thing that got censored by this site,) and pick up a decent book on the subject instead. Along with that, you'll need to practice with the actual software, and perhapsuse something like TestOut and/or CBT Nuggets. Good luck.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The nice thing about the XP exam is that it actually focuses on the enterprise role of a client OS. 620 is borderline worthless from a technical standpoint. You won't even learn how to manage file and folder permissions. I couldn't care less which one you get certified in. Just be sure to do a little extra research to make up for the shortcomings of the 620 material if you decide to go take that route. That way, you can actually be a semi-competent admin.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    dynamik wrote:
    That way, you can actually be a semi-competent admin.
    Oh, ye of little faith. I took the 70-270 exam, and look how I turned out! icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.