Options

Good sites for learning stuff?

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Are are some good free sites for learning I.T stuff such as Networking, Active directory, Exchange

I have heard of I.T idiots can you recommend me anymore?
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you looking for instruction or just technical resources? You should acquaint yourself with MS Technet if you haven't already. While it is primarily a resource, they do have some labs and other educational offerings as well.

http://technet.microsoft.com
  • Options
    I'm really after a I.T site that offers videos for free hey I may be onto a winner here could create one myself lol

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been wanting to get Camtasia and start to do Screencasts, but dunno. It'd cost me $300 for Camtasia and more for video hosting. There's no way I'm putting the videos on my current webhosting plan and increase my daily backup size. Maybe I'll start when Exchange 14 hits beta.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    http://www.itidiots.com They have some good free vids on the MCSA 290 exam and some other vids covering IP Addressing/Exchange/DNS etc..

Thanks,

win2k4
  • Options
    Why are there not anymore I.T sites with videos on? people could be making a killing from doing this?

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    royal wrote:
    I've been wanting to get Camtasia and start to do Screencasts, but dunno. It'd cost me $300 for Camtasia and more for video hosting. There's no way I'm putting the videos on my current webhosting plan and increase my daily backup size. Maybe I'll start when Exchange 14 hits beta.

Same here. I have no problem dropping the money on of Camtasia, but the video hosting would destroy me. I thought about just seeding a torrent, but I'm not sure how well that would work. Maybe YouTube or someone will get higher resolution soon, and that would be a viable option. Revver would be nice because they share the revenue with you.
    ally_uk wrote:
    Why are there not anymore I.T sites with videos on? people could be making a killing from doing this?

Because it's expensive and time consuming, and there's a relatively small market.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ya, most people don't do blogging and screencasting for money on the side. They do it because they enjoy helping people.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks