Options

290 - done!

bojo387bojo387 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thanks again guys for the support and great stuff on this site! I am inching my way towards the MCSA/MCSE goal! Woooohooooo!!!! passed 290 with a score of 899. I had at least 5 simulations which I wish were more. MS Press was excellent for me as well as CBT Nuggets for this one. icon_lol.gif

It'll probably be a month or two before I start gearing up for the beast. I hope I make it as well. Keep up the good work and the tons of information coming in. you guys are awesome! icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well done and a great score.

Yeah I often end the exams wishing I had more sims. I prefer them over the unnecessarily wordy Microsoft multiple choice questions.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! And good luck with slaying the Beast, I'm sure we'll be seeing another "I PASSED!" thread from you, before long.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:

Yeah I often end the exams wishing I had more sims. I prefer them over the unnecessarily wordy Microsoft multiple choice questions.

Thanks Astorrs. The long questions were horrendous for me. icon_wink.gif I was always tempted to go ahead and look for the substantial stuff but was also too afraid to miss out on a minor detail that might cause me a mistake. So yeah, I had to go through them all and just tried to be patient. I think patience was one of my problems, I wanted to get through to the next question fast. Glad I took my time though but anytime MS wants to shorten the Qs, I'm up for it. :D
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats on the pass!
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bojo387 wrote:
    astorrs wrote:

Thanks Astorrs. The long questions were horrendous for me. icon_wink.gif I was always tempted to go ahead and look for the substantial stuff but was also too afraid to miss out on a minor detail that might cause me a mistake. So yeah, I had to go through them all and just tried to be patient. I think patience was one of my problems, I wanted to get through to the next question fast. Glad I took my time though but anytime MS wants to shorten the Qs, I'm up for it. :D

Congrats! :o

I too tend to be rushy rushy, but not with the 290. I had 3.5 hours to do it and took about 2.5. After answering all of them I went through each one again to make sure. Odd how I get 3.5 hours with the 290 and only about 2 hours with the 298 and that one is a design exams that requires much more reading!

So CBT nugs are good? I keep seeing everyone praise them, so I will have to try them next.
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking
  • Options
    Thanks Slowhand, leefdaddy, and ccaltacc.

I am one with the many who found the nugs to be of great value and use. icon_wink.gif