Options

Study Materials

Blang008Blang008 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have decided to pursue my CCNA. I worked as an Intern a couple of years ago for a very large hospital. We worked with Cisco Switches and Access Points. I know some of the basic switch commands show, interface, etc. but thats about it. I recently got A+ and Network + certified. I currently work as sort of a help desk position for a company that serves as a middle man between carriers and our customers that have DSL, T1, PRI, MPLS circuits. A+ and Net+ were mostly common sense questions to me. It seemed like you could emlinate atleast two of the questions off the bat if you read the question well. Anways, I have TestOut Cd that my work bought for the CCNA and the Sybex CCNA book. I also plan to use the technotes here because they were good short description for Net +. My question is will watching the testout and then refering to the Sybex book for further explantion be sufficent. I want to understand the material. I also want to pass the first time if possible. I am planning on going the two exam route since I dont have a lot of hands on experience with equipment. Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The best advice I can give you to supplement the resources you already have is to build a lab (off eBay, etc) or use a simulator. There are numerous posts on the forum about what's better, how much, what equipment, which simulator, etc.
  • Options
    bone_matalebone_matale Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah the 2 exam route is ok but they aint easier, best bet 1 exam bt thats my opinion. if you low on cash, simulator is the best option. and dedication. CCNA is more of a practical thing so if you dont get some practice you will not get it!!!!

and gud luck!!!! :Dicon_wink.gif
    Anything is possible wit a lil Hard work