Passed 70-620 with 953 today

zuczekzuczek Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had 64 questions, about 10 simulations and 3.5 hrs.. I think they changed it..

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, totally different from mine 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like you rocked it anyway. Congrats.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you sure you took 620? icon_lol.gif

Seriously, 10 sims? That was nothing like mine either. It's hard to believe that it would change so drastically in such a short period of time.

No matter, congratulations!
  • zuczekzuczek Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Are you sure you took 620? icon_lol.gif

Seriously, 10 sims? That was nothing like mine either. It's hard to believe that it would change so drastically in such a short period of time.

No matter, congratulations!

Ohh, I'm sure it was 70-620. . 10 sims. Had a couple of Sims on RSS, some on user account maintenance and a other various ones.

I thought it was supposed to be 50 questions but there was 64 questions in total.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well it's official then, 620 is all new. :)
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    interesting... i might take this here soon, after I take 291 on the 20th.
    Dustin Leefers
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm assuming by SIM you mean they showed you a picture of an option in Vista and asked you questions using that picture. Or possibly asked you to click what button you needed to select by using the picture and telling you to click the corresponding button.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken
  • AEVAEV Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zuczek wrote:
    I had 64 questions, about 10 simulations and 3.5 hrs.. I think they changed it..

Just a little offical info on exams.

Microsoft Certified Professional exams are administered in three general formats:
    Short Standard
    Standard
    and Adaptive Exams.

Candidates may receive any of these formats at any time for any exam.

Short Standard exams contain 20 to 30 questions and last approximately one hour.
    Standard exams contain between 45 and 70 questions and last approximately 90 minutes.
    Adaptive exams contain 15 to 30 questions and vary in time allowed.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    The main reason cited by Microsoft that they changed from using both Prometric and Pearson to only using Prometric was so they could change the exam questions and formats quickly, partly to protect the integrity of the exams. Let's be honest - it certainly had nothing to do with Prometric's customer service.

I read in another post about one of the new server exams that the person thought the test was very brain-dumpable because of the short, direct questions. I've also read here that the Vista exam has simpler, more direct questions than previous MS exams. Personally, I always thought the use of essay-length questions wasn't to test our reading comprehension skills (although it did do that) but to fight brain-dumping by overloading the dumpers with information. If MS can now change the exam questions and structure on a moment's notice, that makes brain **** even more useless. That's good for all of us who actually work hard and want to learn the material.
  • zuczekzuczek Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    I'm assuming by SIM you mean they showed you a picture of an option in Vista and asked you questions using that picture. Or possibly asked you to click what button you needed to select by using the picture and telling you to click the corresponding button.

It was an actual Simulation. IT gives you a scenario and you have to take the steps to complete it.

Example:

A rouge administrator deleted all user groups. You need to re-created user groups and add user y and user v to this group and another user to another group. Then you get the vista desktop and you do it.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    zuczek wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

It was an actual Simulation. IT gives you a scenario and you have to take the steps to complete it.

Example:

A rouge administrator deleted all user groups. You need to re-created user groups and add user y and user v to this group and another user to another group. Then you get the vista desktop and you do it.

Cool thank you.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!