Options

70-290 Done - 928!

mipoukmipouk Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the 70-290 exam this morning at 9am. Managed to pass with a 928. I really thought I was going to be close to the 700 mark and was worried with a few questions to go, thinking that I couldnt afford to get any more wrong.

As a quick break down i had 45 questions of which around 5 were simulations, which mainly focused on permissions. Lots of questions on backup, about 2 questions on WSUS and the rest seemed to be perfomance monitoring and access to resources.

For the exam prep i studied for exactly 1 month (since my 70-270) using CBT Nuggets, and the big blue MS Press book. What i would say is that I wouldnt rely totally on the MS Press book - There isnt enough coverage on several topics and i found i got asked a few questions which definately were not in the MS Press book at all.

Now ive blasted out the 290 its time for a bit of rest time before spending at least a couple of months on the 291 beast!

Many thanks for the guidance you have given me so far on the forums, im tootling over to the 291 forum now! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    congrats on the pass, great score
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great work, congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats...get some training in to knock out the beast!!! icon_exclaim.gif
  • Options
    bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mipouk,

I completely agree. I passed the 290 a few day ago and there was a significant amount of questions on the test that were NOT covered in the big blue MS classroom book. The level of detail that the test questions went into about backups and shadow copies were not covered in the book at that same depth. The book just sorta gleamed over the topic IMO.

Congrats on the pass! Great score!!!! :D
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    excellent score, congrats! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    congrats! im working on my 290 next... difficulty wise, can you compare it to the 70-270. is there alot of overlay? thanks.
  • Options
    bojo387bojo387 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass! you have a really good score. the mspress was helpful on my end. just make sure you do all the excercises/lab in the book.

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mipoukmipouk Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I struggled with the XP exam, mainly due to the fact that the MS Press book is so bloated with information. Although all my knowlegde of permissions and the built in backup were quite relevant to the server exam after i learned it for the XP one. I found myself skipping large chunks of my server book because some of the content was similar or very nearly the same.

I would definately do the O/S exam before tackling the 290. As for the difficulty, i personally didnt find much in it, because i revised both in depth, so had the same level of knowlegde for each. Hope this helps!