Options

Failed today:( Hawww

fatzfatz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello,
Well i took the 70-270 exam today.
Silly me thought that because it was on XP, i wouldn't need any study, so i didn't worry about hitting the books or anythingicon_sad.gif
As soon as i started the exam i knew that i had made a mistake.
Stressing the whole way through i submitted with 12mins remaining. FAILED with a 643 or something.
I Got 100 on 2 of the sectional results, but next to nothing on 1 other section, and mids on the rest.
Hrmm, a little disappointed with my decision to not study. Anyway, not too much i can do about it now.
I am definitely going to hit the books over the next few weeks and try and resit it towards the end of june. i wont be happy unless i pass with a mid to high 800, so time to sit down and start the reading.
Cant blame anyone but myself and I'm going to use this as a learning curve. Never under estimate something, no matter how easy you may think itll be.
Anywho, theres my rant for the day.
Take care all.
Adam

Comments

• Options
    AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    that sucks man... i was kinda of the same way.. but i had the second shot offer.. so i didn it intentionally to get a few for it..but yeah who knew xp was THAT FREAKING hard... lol.. your not the only one so dont feel so bad.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just because it's XP doesnt mean that you underestimate the test, son. As they say, never underestimate the foe! You were probably a couple of questions away from passing, brush up the weak areas and by the looks of it, you should get a 900 something score next time around.

Good luck.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, you pretty much set yourself up to fail by not researching it first. :o
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Yeah, you pretty much set yourself up to fail by not researching it first. :o

All things considered, you did pretty well. You'll get it next time for sure.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Well you know what you did wrong so that's all that matters going forward. Your not alone, many (if i may say and don't mean any disrespect) arogant IT people think they can just take an IT cert test without studying....most fail. I've been reading these forums for a while now and seen it time and time again. Below are two free study guides.

1) Technotes on this site
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=540

2) Cramsession's Free study guide
    www.cramsession.com

With a 643, your close. Another 2-3 more questions right, and you probably would have passed. Study hard for a few weeks and go back and nail it down. Good Luck!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Best of luck to you on your second go the XP exam surprised me, but i didn't study much either.
  • Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    Better luck next time.

But you pretty much set yourself up for failure by not studying and put any hard work in it.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I made the same mistake! Although, I had to sign up and take the exam right away because at the time I wanted to take advantage of the second shot promotion and time was running out. I didn't know what to expect, being my first MS exam and all....

It is a harder exam than people give it credit for. I didn't study and I failed. I used my second shot and with 1 month of study time using a Sybex book I bought I scored in the high 800's. Now that you know what to expect, I think your next attempt will result in a pass.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    70-270 was a fun one...lot of stuff that you wouldn't typically encounter. Anyway, better luck on your next attempt.