Options

MS Press book / part 2 section

somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need your help on this one guys icon_cry.gif

I've been lurking around and keep seeing posts that discourages folks to use the measure-up software. Are they somehow similar with the prep questions on the "Part 2" portion of the MS Press 70-290 book? I'm almost done with the Part 1 and already watched the nuggetz ( if i can learn how to watch :p )

I havent really had time to check , been very busy lately..

Thanks in advance for the infos :D

Overclocked Admin
coffee.jpg

Comments

• Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I'm probably speaking out of turn because I have not taken the test or used the software. I believe the criticism of the material is that it is too easy and not representative of the material on the test. I don't think it will hurt anything to use it but don't rely on it as an indication of preparedness.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Ed
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's just too much reading for me right now, and if the part 2 of the ms press book is almost or the same as what the measure-up has, I was thinking of skipping the part 2 and just try another reviewer like testout or something else. I am somewhat lost here icon_cry.gif and/or balancing time for other things so I am thinking of skipping something for something more packed with infos that would appear on the exams. Thank you=== icon_wink.gif

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    It's just too much reading for me right now, and if the part 2 of the ms press book is almost or the same as what the measure-up has, I was thinking of skipping the part 2 and just try another reviewer like testout or something else. I am somewhat lost here icon_cry.gif and/or balancing time for other things so I am thinking of skipping something for something more packed with infos that would appear on the exams. Thank you=== icon_wink.gif

I would not recommend skipping anything, maybe you can cram for the test and manage it but you wont understand the material and it would place you on good footing to start the 291 if thats the path your following.

I understand time may be an issue as I have this (and im sure many others do aswell) the best advice I can give you is take a look at the time you have and try to re-organise it.

Small chucks of consentrated study are better than a long interuppted one in my opinion.

Keep at it and im sure you'll get there! Good Luck!

PS: Is there a time limit or such that you are working to? (Work requires it done by such and such date?)
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools