Options

Training

jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
Say you purchase some Online training or something other then books, like CBT Nugget videos. And the CBT Nugget video was about, lets say, Cisco training.

Would you put that on your resume?

Like under Professional Development/Education? My gut says no but I would just like to know if anyone has ever done that to maybe show you went the extra step to learn more.

"It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
-Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA

Comments

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    If during the course of the training, you set up a lab and do a bunch of work yourself...I think it would be fine to say you are familiar with X technology and list it as a skill. After all, then you have that experience.

I don't think you could list it as anything more though.

It shouldnt go under education. For some of the college courses I took, I just listed the associated technology under computer skills to let employers know I was familiar with it.

Just buying and watching the vids...I'd have to say no dice. You really need to have done something IMHO.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The video is no different that reading a book. Until you are comfortable in that technology it's nothing.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    As others have said I would stick with just Official Courses on your resume/CV and just list the areas you have experience/skills in.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    Sie wrote:
    As others have said I would stick with just Official Courses on your resume/CV and just list the areas you have experience/skills in.

what if you have the knowledge on certain subject but you don't have a working experience on it? how do you list knowledge you've got from self study or personal training. Speaking about the technical proficiencies I know is very hard for me since I have not applied those in my previous job and only learned it from training when I started studying with 70-270. Maybe this make sense with the original OP and me ofcourse. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.