Options

Third attempt is the charm...

netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the 802 today finally! This test is the most challenging I have ever faced which is a little scary considering where it ranks on the Cisco food chain. I will now break for a couple/few months and then resume studies towards the NP track.

Thanks to all who take the time to post good insights or positive comments on this forum.

For those of you about to take this exam, don't let my above comment scare you. Just be real about your preparations for the exam. Biggest tip I could give you would be REALLY concentrate on time management during the test. It's been talked about on here before. Don't spend more than 10 mins on a sim.

Good Luck!! icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    You deserve a nice fat CONGRATULATIONS for seeing it through! I imagine it should start getting a little easier as you get more familiar with the "Cisco way".

Looking through some NP stuff, it looks like they're more of an in-depth look at the specific technologies we learned in CCNA. I think that's better because you get to spend more time going deep on less technology at a time, as opposed to a broad and general swipe of all the technologies that we saw in CCNA.

Good luck
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Good Luck on the CCNP! icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass...
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for sticking with it!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job. Cya in the CCNP forums
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! And personally I thought the CCNA test was harder than the BCMSN test I took.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Congrats :)

icon_cheers.gif
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
    netwayne wrote:
    Passed the 802 today finally! This test is the most challenging I have ever faced which is a little scary considering where it ranks on the Cisco food chain. I will now break for a couple/few months and then resume studies towards the NP track.

Thanks to all who take the time to post good insights or positive comments on this forum.

For those of you about to take this exam, don't let my above comment scare you. Just be real about your preparations for the exam. Biggest tip I could give you would be REALLY concentrate on time management during the test. It's been talked about on here before. Don't spend more than 10 mins on a sim.

Good Luck!! icon_lol.gif

I'm not asking specifics about the test but overall how much of the test is theory and how much of the test is simulation via percentage??
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS... Good job continuing to battle against that exam. You've won. Enjoy your time off and good luck on your NP track!

~Peanut Head
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    niter3 wrote:
    netwayne wrote:

Good Luck!! icon_lol.gif

I'm not asking specifics about the test but overall how much of the test is theory and how much of the test is simulation via percentage??

Due to the NDA (no disclosure), I don't think I can answer your question even though you aren't asking for specifics. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong. What I can share with you though if you haven't already discovered it is the exam format that is on the Cisco CCNA Prep Center. See this link for a tutorial..
    http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/PrepCenter?page=BigSnippet.PrepCenter.PrepCenter_Exam_Interface_Tutorial
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    niter3 wrote:

id say if you know your stuff there's little to tell between the two.....
    the sims will challange your syntax in mulitple ways the theory will from anything between 1 or more.....

the key is knowing and understanding what happens where......

(Mods feel free to delete this if you feel it breaks the NDA.... ?)
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)