Options

Qualifications: degree or on Degree?

bone_matalebone_matale Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
you are doing a degree in Information systems,
and you are lucky enough to do CCNA or MCSE,
is leaving you degree pro gramme and getting a job to pursue your career and more certifications
a good option or not? and what are the consequences?

i ask this cause i'm in that position, i'm in a degree program and i managed to get a solid certification.. :D [/b]
Anything is possible wit a lil Hard work

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you are already doing the degree I'd stick with it. Once you are working full time it will be harder for you to find time to do the classes. You should see if you could find work part time to supplement your degree and certifications.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Vassago68Vassago68 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd say stick with the degree. There will be a point in your career where you will hit a ceiling without one. Getting it now is better for you IMHO.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not having the degree can make things harder later on when you try to move into a better position.

If you can work full time and continue to prusue your degree part time that may be an option, but it is not easy.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    mengo17mengo17 Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As the others already said. Finish that degree !!!! No matter what...

It is difficult but you can do it. I did my whole BS degree working full time and am doing an MS working full time also. Being a full time student while working full time is very stressfull and painful. Who said life is easy? :D

I do not need to go through the benefits of having a degree... you know that...