Options

Sonicwall Vpn help

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
Having an issue with a sonicwall vpn setup remote office back to main office, I have other tunnels going to the main office So I know the main office firewall is working.

Pro 4060 in the main office, Tz170 in the branch (new setup) I tested this with a public ip address that was on the same switch as the wan interface as the pro 4060.

I spent half the day yesterday just trying the get Timewarner to configure the modem correctly with the static adress' I think the cable modem is a SMC1870, after they got the modem setup right I contacted sonicwall to look at the config's and still no luck?

Any Ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I started this job this week and this was my first major project that didn't go very well for alot of reason's beyond my control. So anyway getting ready to take a second crack at this and would appreciate input from all the TE Guru's.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    RikkuRikku Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey There,

I am assuming your following the online docs/how2s for the setup. What kind of messages are you getting in the logs on both sides?

Are these point to point site VPN tunnels between the SonicWalls or just remote access for your employees?

It has been sometime since I had last setup the SonicWalls I had worked with. But, the problems I encountered for stable point to point site tunnels revolved around making sure that the firmware was the same rev for each FW or at the very least the latest version if possible. Plus, making sure the normal areas are covered such as pre-share keys, packet encryption method/encapsulation..etc. I mean, you usually have to make it match identical on both sides to allow for a stable tunnel. Look for the "keep alive" option for the site to site tunnels to re-establish the connection if it drops.

If it is just remote access. It usually is not all that hard, just make sure you have configured the proper WAN/Public addresses and make sure you have setup authentication in the SonicWall either on the local side or setup LDAP auth to the local DC (if your not isolated on an DMZ or what have you..)

Here is a site I found helpful to reference... http://www.sonicusers.com/

-Rikku