Options

SCSI Through-put confusion

jstar3jstar3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok...I'm studying for my A+ Hardware. After reading your tech note about SCSI, your chart is a little different from the one I'm studying. I took a class from New Horizons on A+ and here's the chart for "Study Types" that they have their study guide:

SCSI-1 (Narrow SCSI or regular SCSI) 8-bits wide, 10MB/s
Wide SCSI 16-bits wide, 20MBS/s

Here's what was posted on TechNotes:

MODE,SPECIFICATION,# OF DEVICES,BUS WIDTH,BUS SPEED,THRU-PUT
Asynchronous SCSI SCSI-1 4 MB/s
Synchronous SCSI SCSI-1 5 MB/s
Wide SCSI SCSI-2 10 MB/s

I'M CONFUSED AS TO THE THRU-PUT AS THEY'RE NOT IDENTICAL FOR EACH CHART. WHICH ONE SHOULD I STUDY?

All other SCSI types match up for the rest though. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Comments

• Options
    chucksterchuckster Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think you will find alot of conflicting specifications throughout the various manuals, guides, books and tech sites. The main thing is to stay focused on the different windows platforms. There similarities and differences. What can be upgraded to what, the various diagnostic tools and where to find them, and networking the various platforms.
    As far as scsi goes stick with the basics and diffently go with the material from this site, They helped me pass and will help you pass too. I might also mention that there were no questions about scsi on my test but there might be on your's as each test is different depending on what it sees as your weak areas.
    Good luck to you as you approach certification.
    Fellow Student
    chuckster