802 ...nailed it...

laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
ok so it took me two attempts....

i sat the 802 exam last week and failed miserably... icon_sad.gif
BUT i kinda new I would.... I havent sat any kind of exam in 10years!! and given I'm dire at exams I knew it was gonna be tough on me.....
I spent 45 mins on two sims!!! so basically ran out of time.... and still didnt get one of them right!!! I scored in low 700's.....
failed miseraby on NAT\ACL's

anyways rebooked thanks to the resit offer a week later and scored just short of 900...

PLEASED im chuffed to bits...... wooooohoooooooooooooo

now I know I've not posted on here much but the resources and advice given by those that do has always been spot on.... cheers guys n gals a BIG thank you to you all

my resources.... ok i work in the field so that helps.....
ive got the offical network accadamy books.... go a little too much in depth at times but ensure you know your stuff inside out.....
ive got the 802 todd lammel book to cover the bits 802 introduced... and a change of scene from the cisco stuf...
ccna for dummies... a good read for journey's and to jog the memory.....
and then attended a 6 day course to drive the subjects home on the main areas... (damn good course as a network engineer anways if you want details pm me...)

what next.... hmmm a month break then looking at CVVP v CCSP v CEH (certified ethical hacking) the choice comes down to whos paying me or the boss lol

for peeps on route if you work in IT go the single exam route.... those outside go the two exam (you'll know your stuff inside out then....)

cheers everyone.... off to get VERY drunk lol
if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)

Comments

• IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Congrats on passing. Cisco does suck since you can't go back during the exam. I failed my CCNA twice so don't feel bad. 3rd times the charm.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Congrats :)
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude, nice way to start the weekend! Congratulations!!

I was a multi attempter also but perserverance pays off.

You get an Atta Boy and make sure you update your certifications field in your profile.

LBF is a CCNA!!!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • calaverasgrandescalaverasgrandes Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
    I think it really helps to get a job in datacenter work or even IT moves. It really helped me to get the concepts of subnets, masks and vlans. I also ended up bumping in to a lot of fellow travelers.
    studying on 70-290, 70-291 and CCNA.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COngrats man, well done!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Excellent Job well done!

Hope you have celebrated well this weekend?????

icon_lol.gif

How long you study for?

Kev
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    kevin31 wrote:
    Excellent Job well done!

Hope you have celebrated well this weekend?????

icon_lol.gif

How long you study for?

Kev

Cheers kev, just about recovered....

been pussy footing around with the idea of getting the cert for quite a while, combinaiton of bosses broken promises and life in gerneral stoppiong me going for it...
    decided it was time to bite the bullet and get it, I studied my ass off for about two months... the last month I spent 60++ hours on labs and about 30-40 on theory....

The knowledge was there, it was a case of preparing for the exam that I found tough going....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    Nice job!

Grats!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!