Options

Revision advice... whats your method...

M_BoydM_Boyd Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ive just finished the third semester today (well still to sit the practical but did so well on online test that I can relax about that...). I have now only five weeks till the completion of my course :) so it will be great to have that lil writing on my CV.....

I really want to get this certificate as soon as possible so Im looking around on ways to make this as efficent as possible because to tell you the truth Ive never had to study before that hard because of the demanding high percentage cisco asks for....

The first study of the learning stage is about to be complete and about to start transitioning into the revision stage. This is easy for me as I know how to do this, but I am unsure on the ways to be detailed and efficient to round it all up for the exam.

So far all my study has been reading the topic and writing it all out - Which to begin with felt a lil slow but I found in reality I saved time over just reading it over and over again....

To revise I have the Cisco Intro and ICND books, and the cisco online circullum with, and a pod to play with. Do you feel that these are enough sources to pass the exam ? - If not what other sources would you recomend?

Also what revision methods do you use b4 you take the test to make urself feel able to pass....

Comments

• Options
    MiekMiek Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know the online CCNA curriculum and it covers everything but I think that some subject aren't explained that good ...
    It also covers some subject you don't have to know for the CCNA exam.

If you can use the online curriculum, I think you're a member of a cisco academy. Did you get the PASS for semester 1 - 3 from your instructor?

To revise you have the Cisco Intro and ICND books ... they cover the same subjects as the cisco online curriculum.

The book I used to prepare is the CCNA sybex book (and the online curriculum) and some stuff I found on the internet like the technotes on this site.

Good luck with preparing and with semester 4. ;)
  • Options
    M_BoydM_Boyd Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes - even if I didn't do the practical test now for semester 3 - I would still pass....because I did such a good online test....

Semester 4 is crammed into 5 weeks but I already have a small head start over the other people on this course.....cos gone a little ahead...

I am not sure also which practice exams are the most like the real CCNA - I see that examcram does practice exams which you can get a good price off of amazon....and I need something reasonably priced

Ideally I would like the standards of the tests - if anything to be higher than that of the real exam - so I can be confident I will pass without any problems....

Which practice questions are the best within a reasonable budget? (about £20 or $37 if your in USA)