Options

SCJA 310-019

Hey I've been studying Java as a hobby and I was wondering if there is any good books for this test? Also any good practice exams.

"It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
-Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA

Comments

• Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Anyone?! Man these Java forums are a ghost town! icon_cry.gif

• Options
    tjcassertjcasser Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just not the most popular forum, what can I say? ;)

As for materials - Head First Java from O'Reilly Books should be more than sufficient for this exam (though it's more geared towards the more-advanced SCJP examination).

I would probably, though, coax you actually in the direction of SCJP if you're looking for a certification in java. SCJA was made more for the Japanese market as an "entry-level" exam, and was brought to the rest of the world after. As far as I'm concerned, when I help with hiring decisions and interviews, SCJA is on the verge of being almost meaningless - my wife, who is by no means a programmer, failed the exam by one question after six weeks of study.

Just my $0.02.
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
    MCPD: .Net Framework 2.0 Enterprise Applications
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    tjcasser wrote:
    Just not the most popular forum, what can I say? ;)

As for materials - Head First Java from O'Reilly Books should be more than sufficient for this exam (though it's more geared towards the more-advanced SCJP examination).

I would probably, though, coax you actually in the direction of SCJP if you're looking for a certification in java. SCJA was made more for the Japanese market as an "entry-level" exam, and was brought to the rest of the world after. As far as I'm concerned, when I help with hiring decisions and interviews, SCJA is on the verge of being almost meaningless - my wife, who is by no means a programmer, failed the exam by one question after six weeks of study.

Just my $0.02.

Well it's basically just to get a certification on my resume for the time being as I study for the SCJP. Plus it will boost my confidence :D

• Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Checkout Amazon.com for a book entitled

http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Associate-Questions-McKenzie-CX-310-019/dp/1598729039

I bought this book a few weeks ago but barely cracked it open.
    So far it reads very good and has solid foundation for the exam.
    Amazon reviewers rave its all you need. I wouldn't doubt it.

Good luck
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills