Went to meet the beast head on..

johnw02johnw02 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
.. and guess what? The Prometric testing center was closed. I showed up 15 minutes early, and there were about 6 people standing outside the test center. The doors to the testing center were locked, and nobody seemed to know why. After waiting about an hour, a security guard came up to us and said the proctor was on vacation. I guess it was too much trouble for Prometric and/or the testing center to notify me, especially when I scheduled it over the phone a month ago. In the end, I spent 1.5 hours driving each way, an hour standing outside, and $40 in gas. Way to go Prometric! icon_evil.gif

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    You would have thought they could have atleast told you, thats a pain the the @$$.

Have you given Prometric a call and inquired as to reimbursment of fuel? Chances are they will tell you where to go but cant hurt to ask.

Hope you have better luck next time with them icon_sad.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. I would hate to be prepared to take an exam only to be tossed aside afterwards.

I had a pretty difficult episode with Prometric and them switching locations and never telling me about it. Then not wanting to refund my money until I had to speak to management.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow! I would be so freaking pissed that words would not be able to describe it. I have never tested with prometric, always pearson vue, but there are like 6 testing centers within 10 miles of me that do both.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer man. That's just wrong, they should have called you. Poor management.

I know the feeling of having to drive an hour to get to the test site, although it's never been closed....I can just imagine the feeling.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I'll never take a prometric test unless I have to. I go to the same center for prometric and vue tests, but when I go for prometric, there is always a problem of some sort. It usually ends up in me starting the exam 30min to an hour late.

Avoid prometric centers like the plague, imo.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Can't really help it. All Microsoft tests are Prometric.

So far I haven't had a bad experience at any of the Prometric centers I've gone to. Only one of them was VUE/Prometric. And it actually had been down the day before my test too from what the lady at the counter had told me.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    johnw02 wrote:
    .. and guess what? The Prometric testing center was closed. I showed up 15 minutes early, and there were about 6 people standing outside the test center. The doors to the testing center were locked, and nobody seemed to know why. After waiting about an hour, a security guard came up to us and said the proctor was on vacation. I guess it was too much trouble for Prometric and/or the testing center to notify me, especially when I scheduled it over the phone a month ago. In the end, I spent 1.5 hours driving each way, an hour standing outside, and $40 in gas. Way to go Prometric! icon_evil.gif

Nice. I had a test and the tech "couldn't figure out how to start the program." 435 min later I left. I'm rescheduled for 9;30 am Sat morning. ICK.

*not a morning person*
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    pwjohnston wrote:
    johnw02 wrote:

Nice. I had a test and the tech "couldn't figure out how to start the program." 435 min later I left. I'm rescheduled for 9;30 am Sat morning. ICK.

*not a morning person*

Lots of coffee!!

Best of luck to you and johnw02 for your rescheduled exams.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools