Options

270 help!!

ivlattivlatt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I have had my 270 exam booked for about 6 weeks, and will be taking it in 14 days time.
I read an ebook for about 4 weeks on windows xp professional and recently completed it.
Now I have started taking the free online practise questions but, I find the practise questions on this site are alot easier than the ones on different sites. I find myself constantly scoring high on this site with a large understanding of each question and answer on this site, although when using practise questions from external sites, I find some of the questions very difficult, and hard to understand and that some of the material wasn't even covered in the ebook.
I am certain that the ebook wasn't a bogus and that it was directed for this exam.
for example:

You administer a Windows 2000 network for your company. You are planning to deploy Windows XP Professional on multiple computers simultaneously. After installation, how can you transfer multiple users’ states to the computers running Windows XP Professional?

A. This is not possible.
B. Use the System Preparation Tool.
C. Use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard.
D. Use the Scanstate and Loadstate command-line tools.

Answer: D

I'm not aware of Scanstate and Loadstate and it wasn't mentioned within the study guide icon_confused.gif

Any tips considering I am so close to the real exam?
cheers

edit: I also have transcender for 70-270.

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yes the answer is indeed D. It's the User State Migration in Windows XP. You will need to know about this for the test. Don't get caught up in every single command switch, but know the basics about creating the folder on the server and how the command would look.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457090(TechNet.10).aspx
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Oh, forgot to mention....

Get a free study guide from Cramsession and read through that. It's very good and includes pretty much every subject you will see on the test.
    www.cramsession.com
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also with test questions some times the question has part of the answer in it already if you read carefully.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    ivlattivlatt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thx!
    started using the transcender tests and so far so good. Scoring an average of about 70 percent on various tests (5 or 6 tests based on random subjects), and already i've noticed some of the questions are logical thinking and don't require direct technical knowledge ("least administrative efforts" \ "without exceeding a minimal budget")
    Also started taking notes on things which i'm not so clear on which i can refer back to for revision.
    Can just hope for the best :)
    thx in advance