Options

Exam questions

mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
I know the test center provides you with a marker board. Can I use this to count out 16's so I can just reference the numbers when dealing with subnets of 240? How long do they give you before you start the test? Do you have 15 minutes or so before you begin?

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    you get 15mins to go through a explination thing to show you how to navigate etc throughout the exam.....
    I used this time to write out my subnet chart and powers of two I only used it a couple fo times during the exam but was still glad to have it there as a nice calming reference point....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    I also used the marker board to write out the subnet chart, definitely saved me some time on questions during the exam and I would highly recommend doing this
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i'd also recommend if you have space draw out any topologies for various scenario questions.
  • Options
    Sounds good. That's what I'm going to do then. Makes it a lot quicker..
  • Options
    I also wanted to add. I'm able to do subnet questions between 20-40 seconds depending on the question. Sometimes if it's an easy one I can do it in 10 seconds or so...

I think I seen from CBT Nuggets that they recommend you do subnets in your head within 20 seconds.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    niter3 wrote:
    I also wanted to add. I'm able to do subnet questions between 20-40 seconds depending on the question. Sometimes if it's an easy one I can do it in 10 seconds or so...

I think I seen from CBT Nuggets that they recommend you do subnets in your head within 20 seconds.
    looks like you're on the right track, keep hitting the books and good luck!
    WIP: IPS exam