Passed with 822

EIGRP 88%
OSPF 90%
ISIS 85%
features 50%
BGP 72%
Multicast 75%
IPv6 62%

Needless to say I found this exam really hard, you may have seen posted failed attempts. I am so happy I can move on to the BCMSN. It's been a tough ride. Thanks to you guys on here for motivation, don't know what I'd do with out ya :D

anyway I see there's another post about a BCMSN lab setup, I have 9 routers I think, gonna scale down to get some money for some other bits, how many routers should I hold onto for the rest of the CCNP, they're all either 2600XM or 3640 with 12.4 IOS.

I have 3x 2950 and 1x 3550 which is a good start for the next exam let me know what you guy's think on IP phones and AP's

Oh yeah almost forgot, curry and beer tonight icon_twisted.gif
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Passed with 822

EIGRP 88%
    OSPF 90%
    ISIS 85%
    features 50%
    BGP 72%
    Multicast 75%
    IPv6 62%

Needless to say I found this exam really hard, you may have seen posted failed attempts. I am so happy I can move on to the BCMSN. It's been a tough ride. Thanks to you guys on here for motivation, don't know what I'd do with out ya :D

anyway I see there's another post about a BCMSN lab setup, I have 9 routers I think, gonna scale down to get some money for some other bits, how many routers should I hold onto for the rest of the CCNP, they're all either 2600XM or 3640 with 12.4 IOS.

I have 3x 2950 and 1x 3550 which is a good start for the next exam let me know what you guy's think on IP phones and AP's

Oh yeah almost forgot, curry and beer tonight icon_twisted.gif

Congratulations.. Enjoy your celebration :)
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    nice, i'd offer you one of my homebrewed hop head double ipa's or witbier's if you were in the st. louis area. good job, keep it up. i plan on attempting the bcmsn at the end of august.

cheers drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats, im hoping to join you in the not too distant future
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Way to stick with it!

I think you should be good to go with the switches you have. You could sell a couple routers and grab another 3550 if you really wanted to.

As far as APs and IP phones you could get by without them. If you want to get some phones I'd pick up some 7940s. There is no actual AP configuration covered in the exam topics so you should be good without them.

Good luck on the BCMSN!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on the next. I agree, if you can afford it another 3550 or above would be nice. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!

"curry and beer"... you sure you're not from the UK?
  • Options
    ccie_in_the_makingccie_in_the_making Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

And you are gonna need at least two routers for the other exams namely ISCW and ONT. All the best with the others.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You may want to go over your weak points before you proceed, just for the sake of making sure you're up on those subjects. I always assumed that Cisco did a percentage breakdown like they do to encourage that.

Either way, congrats and good luck on your next exam :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cheers guys, yeah i'll probably look out for another 3550 or 3560 I got the cert guide i'll have to order a study guide, I made the mistake of only getting the cert guide for the BSCI up until the last minute.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    astorrs wrote:

Auedd, aren't you from the UK?

Congrats Buddy!
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    astorrs wrote:

Auedd, aren't you from the UK?

Congrats Buddy!

yeah i'm from the uk, what does nobody else know the pleasure of spicy food and cold beer
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote:
    You may want to go over your weak points before you proceed, just for the sake of making sure you're up on those subjects. I always assumed that Cisco did a percentage breakdown like they do to encourage that.

Either way, congrats and good luck on your next exam :)

As much as i'd like to climb down the mountain and then climb back up it again i'm happy with my coverage of the subjects just think I made it though with knowing what a totally NSSA area was :D
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! hopefully i'll be in your shoes after my exam thurs icon_pirat.gif
  • Options
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Congratulations! hopefully i'll be in your shoes after my exam thurs icon_pirat.gif

good luck with that man
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    Congrats man..
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options

yeah i'm from the uk, what does nobody else know the pleasure of spicy food and cold beer

As a native south Louisianian I take offense to that! :D

Kidding, of course :)

Cold beer and spicy food is a staple here though, I promise you that! Nothing like some cayenne scrambled eggs and a huge beer for breakfast :)
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    Paul Boz wrote:

As a native south Louisianian I take offense to that! :D

Kidding, of course :)

Cold beer and spicy food is a staple here though, I promise you that! Nothing like some cayenne scrambled eggs and a huge beer for breakfast :)

Mmmm. sounds very nutritious and all in good line with current health food recommendations :)
  • Options
    kpjungle wrote:
    Mmmm. sounds very nutritious and all in good line with current health food recommendations :)

It's usually after a good 3-4 mile run or 10-12 mile bike ride to hopefully offset the food :D
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    yeah, right now i'm drinking a couple vodka's then i will wash it down with a homebrew winter ale made by me. all this after a bike ride home of 9 miles. icon_cool.gif i need it after watching the cbt nuggets on hsrp, vrrp and glbp.
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats!

I am also working on my BSCI, hopefully I can knock it out in a few months!

I also have to pick up a 3550 or so.. though my friend has a 3560 i can get for the price of a 3550 (for the sheer fact this person is a great friend of mien)

Good luck on the BCMSN!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

I think MN is the only state to have an "extra mild" salsa. I'm a big fan of both spicy food and alcohol myself though. I need to move...
  • Options
    GrigsbyGrigsby Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Yeah I just passed my BCSI as well. It was hard I thought. I am usually just a good test taker, regardless of whether I really know the material well or not. Yeah, that wont fly for this test. I was pretty stressed out the entire time I was taking it, and actually thought I was not going to pass about half way through.

Mine was really heavy on the IPV6, Multicasting, and IS-IS. Which sucked because I was counting on EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and redistribution, where I was stronger. Feels good to get it behind you though right! BCMSN, here I come! Umm, and the beers too!
  • Options
    CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    congrats :)
    . : | : . : | : .
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    Grigsby wrote:

Mine was really heavy on the IPV6, Multicasting, and IS-IS. Which sucked because I was counting on EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and redistribution, where I was stronger. Feels good to get it behind you though right! BCMSN, here I come! Umm, and the beers too!

All three topics you mentioned are prettty complex and I wasn't going to give much weightage to ISIS in particular. I guess can't ignore that now, by the way, isn't there a set pecentage for questions from each topic that you see in the exam, does anybody have a breakdown? Multicasting by far is the hardest to understand for me.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think there is a set percentage per category. Even if there was Cisco probably wouldn't release it as they are pretty secretive about their exams.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz on the BSCI pass!!

Got mine next Wednesday morning so should jump on the BSCI pass bandwagon as well. Fingers crossed :)

Bring on ISCW!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Congrats, good job!