Options

Thanks Again! Now With Improved Advice Request!

cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
Once again, with the help of these boards, I have managed to not fail another microsoft test. I passed the 291 today, with a big 788. This thing was indeed a beast. I finished faster than most people, but it still just put a hurtin' on my brain (good prep for the virtualization beta). My best area was network infrastructure, and my worst area was, somewhat surprizzingly, RRAS.

So, I know have passed the 620, 290, and 291. I had initially thought that the mcse was 6 exams, so i was just going to not worry about getting the mcsa as soon as possible. However, know that i realize that i have an extra test, i would like to go ahead and take the elective (probably the 284) I would like to do this now, but i know that everyone always suggests to take the 293 immediately following the 291, as there is so much overlap. How much would i be hurting myself by putting the 293 off one test? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks again everyone!

John Nickle

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint

Comments

• Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless getting your MCSA will get you a pay raise, I would strongly suggest taking 293 soon after, especially since you plan on getting an MCSE. There's no point in re-studying material that's already fresh on your mind.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cnfuzzd wrote:
    I have managed to not fail another microsoft test.

That's kind of a glass-is-half-empty way to refer to a pass icon_lol.gif

Congratulations!

Not only does 293 have a lot of overlap with 291, it will also help you out with 284, so I'd encourage you to go on to 293.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    dynamik wrote:
    cnfuzzd wrote:

That's kind of a glass-is-half-empty way to refer to a pass icon_lol.gif .

Yeah, but it just goes with the name 'cnfuzzed' so well. icon_lol.gif

Congrats though! What study material did you use? I bet your glad to have the 'beast' out of the way.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    dynamik wrote:
    cnfuzzd wrote:

That's kind of a glass-is-half-empty way to refer to a pass icon_lol.gif .

Yeah, but it just goes with the name 'cnfuzzed' so well. icon_lol.gif

Congrats though! What study material did you use? I bet your glad to have the 'beast' out of the way.

I used the ms press book, transcender, and CBT nuggets. I also reviewed the material in the stickies in this forum as my week-of testing.

I have been billing an average of 50 hours or so a week at work, so I haven't been able to devote as much time as I would have liked, but, as everyone knows, a win is a win.

Thanks Again!

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    That's kind of a glass-is-half-empty way to refer to a pass
    Yes I don't disagree. Anti-condemnation on your not failing the exam! icon_confused.gif

Man, you'd think I wrote exam questions part time with that one...
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Gratz on not failing. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.