Options

My linux+ is schedueld on 1 st September

maystro_netmaystro_net Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello

= well i'm very anxious , evry one that i' ve mmet say Linux+ is so difficult
= what to do , i do not know
= what i've done , reading McGraw.Hill.Linux.plus.Certification.Study.Guide.Aug.2007
= Practice on Transcender xk0-001
= i've test out xk0-002 i'm re reading the video and practice

= i'll be greatful for any help any material ...

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    = Linux+ ain't so bad
    = Get hands on experience with a distro of your choice
    = Read manpages and remember the most common switches
    = Check out the TechNotes
    = Use a `=` while typing incomplete sentences :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have used linux for years don't get a big head! I thought it would be cake and only studied for 3 days before I took mine because I have used it since the mid 90s. HA! I was sweating my ass off half-way through it thinking "Oh ****! I am going to fail this so bad." But I ended up passing. KNOW YOUR SWITCHES!!! Also make sure you know the directory structure of a Red Hat type distro. Good Luck!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    mike3mike3 Member Posts: 136
    I better keep that in mind when I book mine. :)
    If you have used linux for years don't get a big head! I thought it would be cake and only studied for 3 days before I took mine because I have used it since the mid 90s. HA! I was sweating my ass off half-way through it thinking "Oh ****! I am going to fail this so bad." But I ended up passing. KNOW YOUR SWITCHES!!! Also make sure you know the directory structure of a Red Hat type distro. Good Luck!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've been told by a few people that the McGraw-Hill book doesn't cover absolutely everything. I've seen a lot of new material in Transcender. I'm going to just read up on those things in the man pages or Google to make up for it. It's a great book, but it does need to be supplemented with something else. I've heard good things about the Sybex book as well.
  • Options
    adam_hartling@hotmailadam_hartling@hotmail Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed my Linux+ today (780 score :) ). The best advice I can give is to study up on those command switches! I was caught off graud by a few questions on switches for commands I hadn't focused on. Try looking at switches for commands the either add, modify, delete or verify/check things. Some commands have lots of additional switches regarding obscure options, but if you focus on memorizing just the switches that do the most common work you should be fine. And try to remember that certain switches like -v will usually mean verbose and -l will mean display more information.
  • Options
    maystro_netmaystro_net Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So thnks for you'r replay

= Can you tells me , which manual , must i use to read for the linux+ cert
    = i'm a new user of linux
  • Options
    adam_hartling@hotmailadam_hartling@hotmail Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have to agree about the McGraw-Hill book lacking some material. I used that book for my studies. I enjoyed reading it and it taught me alot, but I did notice some holes in the material. It's a good starter but don't relie on it as the sole study material. Perhaps a second book would help, I didn't try that. I looked up free Linux+ study guides online and free linux+ practice exam questions. You could also try my homemade practice exam at www.freeexamproject.net.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I posted this before, but here's a nice free guide: http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8478

I actually forgot all about that; thanks for jogging my memory.