Forward one email account in exchange to another?

sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was wondering if it was possible to foward one email account in Exchange 2007 to another? I searched for this on google but could not find anything about it really. I did find a way using Rules in Outlook but I was wondering if there was a better way to do this? Thanks in advance.
Working on: MCSA 2012 R2

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I don't know if this is the same for 2007 so my apologies if it is wrong but with 2003 you go into the user's account properties in ADUC and go to the Exchange General tab. Middle half you can set up a forwarding address and also check whether to deliver to that current e-mail account as well as forward.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Never mind, I figured it out....That tab was not in ADUC for Exchange 2007 like it was in 2003. But the option was in the Exchange Management console. Thanks for the help.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Good to know! :) Now I'll go hide in a different forum for a while until I've touched Exchange 2007.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    You could also do a Transport Rule, too.
    Good luck to all!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You could also go into ADSIedit, go to the schema object ms-Exch-Forwarding-Address and set the attribute for isMemberOfPartialAttributeSet to true. You would then (also using ADSIedit) go into each user's mailbox and then set the forwardingAddress attribute with the user's forwarding e-mail address. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    royal wrote:
    You could also go into ADSIedit, go to the schema object ms-Exch-Forwarding-Address and set the attribute for isMemberOfPartialAttributeSet to true. You would then (also using ADSIedit) go into each user's mailbox and then set the forwardingAddress attribute with the user's forwarding e-mail address. :)
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Not complex enough royal, I'm surprised you didn't suggest writing an LDIF file and using it to update the schema, then making the changes for each user using ADSI & ActivePerl. ;)
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't really understood the question, but I will give my idea based on my understanding :P "journal" gives you an ability to forward all emails sent to a specific mailbox into another.