Options

Home Lab ?

ManglianManglian Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
H i guys

Thanks very much for you support, I am trying to connect CISCO ROUTER 2516 with CISCO SWITICH 2950-24 throug ethernet cable. Unfortunately when I use show cdp neighbor command on Router nothing is shown about switch which is directly connected ? Your help is appreciated ......

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you no shut the interface on the router?
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    Thanks for reply, yeah I did no shut . since It has only one ethernet e 0 which i could configure on 2516 so i do not know whats going wrong ?
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is CDP enabled on the switch?
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Also is it enabled on the interface?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Isn't the 2516 one of those built in hub models?

If you're linking from a hub to switch you'd probably want a cross-over cable.

Ethernet 0 is the router's internal Ethernet connection to the built in hub.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    Isn't the 2516 one of those built in hub models?

If you're linking from a hub to switch you'd probably want a cross-over cable.

Ethernet 0 is the router's internal Ethernet connection to the built in hub.

yeah you re right 2516 router is built in hub models. Let me try all the solutions which you guys gave me and see how it goes. Many thanks