Options

Failed BCSI [Edit Passed]

gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
Crushed it this time. Its amazing how much your score goes up if you finish all the questions in time :D

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Multicast was a topic that I was under-suited to tackle but used the context of the questions to help me. I definitely had to review multicast after I sat the exam. It's by far the weakest point on my ccie written studies also.

Good luck next time. Do you have any practice exams available to you so that you can practice pacing yourself?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear about that. It must be difficult trying to gauge how long to spend on each question considering you can't go back and review it like with MS exams.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No access to practice exams besides free ones online. Next time I am not going to re-read\double-check every question. I was just overly cautious since you can't go back. I was real close and know what to expect next time. I have the free retake offered by Cisco and am confident I will pass after the first experience and a little bit more studying on multicast
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Multicast was a difficult section for me to master also.

Good luck next time, you can do it!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    Multicast is definitely one of my biggest weak areas right now, so i'll pay special attention to it
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Unlucky man,

sounds like you would of had it if you can find some time, checking your work will cost you a lot of time it's like doing the question twice.
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    sorry to hear that you failed. it sure is a hard test. i'm studying right now for the bcmsn and there is no comparison in my opinion on the level of difficulty between the two exams and i don't even do hardly any layer 2 stuff at my work besides crypto stuff. i mostly do layer 3 work and i still thought the bsci was a beast. i hope to test for the switching exam by mid august. i think there are a lot more advanced topics on the bsci than the bcmsn. i mean route redistribution alone could be its own exam. theres just not a lot to vlans, trunking, stp, redundancy protocols and wireless. its all pretty basic stuff in my opinion compared to the routing protocols. what do you guys think?
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear that you failed. it sure is a hard test. i'm studying right now for the bcmsn and there is no comparison in my opinion on the level of difficulty between the two exams and i don't even do hardly any layer 2 stuff at my work besides crypto stuff. i mostly do layer 3 work and i still thought the bsci was a beast. i hope to test for the switching exam by mid august. i think there are a lot more advanced topics on the bsci than the bcmsn. i mean route redistribution alone could be its own exam. theres just not a lot to vlans, trunking, stp, redundancy protocols and wireless. its all pretty basic stuff in my opinion compared to the routing protocols. what do you guys think?

I hope your right man I almost had to check into a mental hospital after the BSCI
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    Sorry to hear that but Multicast does feel like a brick wall sometimes. You came so close to passing, I am sure you’ll ace it next week. I myself will be sitting for BSCI within 3 weeks but it appears it’ll take more than one attempt for me to score that.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Will be rescheduling next week and will pass!!!
    Just look at it as a high quality just-like-the-real-thing free practice exam. And you seem to have successfully identified a weak area -- that should make it worth the time and gas :D

Good Luck on your real attempt! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    multicast tripped me up as well. good luck with your next attempt.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    skelt11skelt11 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel too bad. I failed mine yesterday too. This test is a beast. I scored a 777 needed a 790. I still don't think I would have been happy passing it with a low score.

Multicast did trip me up quite a bit too. I was actually surprised. I'm reading the MC section of TCP/IP V. II before I test again. I'm still a little heated at my self for failing. I don't think I studied hard enough.

Good luck next time! I'm sure you'll be more than ready for it.
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    I was gonna give up after all the stress I went thru with the BSCI, but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Better luck next time to everyone.
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    You did it, man! Go Jericho, go! icon_lol.gif Congrats.

Oh, and next time, maybe it's better to leave the original post and then update it at the bottom. Cause now, Paul Boz's, and everyone else's, comments following yours don't make sense anymore. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Crushed it this time. Its amazing how much your score goes up if you finish all the questions in time :D

Nice job glad to hear you got it this time!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You guys need to just make a new post instead of editing your original one. About 1/2 way through the thread, the tone of the posts abruptly changes from sympathy/best wishes to congratulations icon_lol.gif

Congratulations!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    You guys need to just make a new post instead of editing your original one. About 1/2 way through the thread, the tone of the posts abruptly changes from sympathy/best wishes to congratulations icon_lol.gif

Congratulations!
    I agree with both! Congrats :D
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wait? What? Huh?

Oh! I see!

Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Great job. Congratulations!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)