Passed 70-642!

Yay! I passed 70-642 with a 1000/1000 this afternoon! Pretty excited about that so I'm going out tonight to celebrate!

Have a great weekend, everybody.

If anyone is interested in what I used to study, I used the Microsoft Self-Paced Training book for 70-642 and the Microsoft Press Understanding IPV6 book. I used three virtual machines with windows server 2008 enterprise installed on each and did all the questions, cases, practices, suggested practices, and the practice tests on the CD. It was a lot of work doing all the practices, but it was well worth it.

Good luck to anyone going for 70-642 and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great score!

Did you do 291/293 or are you starting with 2008? I was curious how they compared.
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Thanks. I'm just starting out with Server 2008.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats and excellent score as dynamik said.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, I just started studying for 70-642 and it is harder than I thought .. for me anyway .. never really done anything RRAS related .. and all I knew about IPsec is that it exists lol ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the pass mate :)

-Ken
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow!

1000 pts while the exam is still so fresh! Impressive indeed! Heck even using bdumps, 1000 has to be impressive, considering how many errors there were in them when I last took an MS exam (um, that is to say, how many errors I heard there were in them)

*Waiting for excessively trigger happy banhammer*...

I mainly joined to get some support from kindred spirits in rejuvenating my CCNA, but found myself browsing other forums :)

1st post for me on techexams.net, yay me or something.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's excessive about banning people who undermine everyone else's hard work?