Passed!

FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today I passed the Microsoft 70-270 exam!
I used the MSpress book, Practice questions from a pdf my instructor gave me, and the CBT nuggets.
Definitely not a walk in the park in my opinion.
The funny thing is that when I got to the testing center there server was down. I guess Prometric did some sort of update just before I showed up and it somehow made there server freeze up.
I'm really excited about the pass because I surprised the people at the testing center when I told them my age and that I'm still in high school. It's really going to pay off having this cert when I go to college. I feel extremely lucky... :)

I suggest to anyone taking this test to study for hard for at least 2 weeks before taking the exam. I studied for an entire month for this test and received a relatively low score. (but hey at least I passed and thats all that matters)

~FluxCapacitor~

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats Flux, sounds like you're doing great, especially since you're still in high school. icon_thumright.gif
  • bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass and good luck with your future MS exams.
    Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Practice questions from a pdf my instructor gave me

Fishy.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    fishy?
    excuse me?
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

That's awesome your doing all that while still in High School. I wish I would have started my certs earlier like you. Keep up the good work man.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    fishy?
    excuse me?

"Practice questions from a PDF" are often brain **** (questions from the actual exams), which are **** resources. I'm sure there are some legitimate PDF resources out, and it may have been something he created himself. However, these resources do make their ways into the hands of instructors and students, both knowingly and unknowingly, so it is something you should be aware of. You can have your certifications taken away as well as being prevented from obtaining more if you've been using them; it's your responsibility to verify the integrity of your study resources.

It seems like you put in the work, so you have my congratulations. Just be aware of this in the future.
    How can you tell if a site is a legitimate site that does not give you brain ****?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□