Options

CCNA scheduled for Wed. July 2nd [updated passed!!!!!]

2»

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. great job! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Congrats!!

I studied like hell and had a firm grasp on the material and failed my first shot. I havent taken it since, it's been a few months now.

The test sucked, I need to start over.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    phantasm wrote:
    Congrats!!

I studied like hell and had a firm grasp on the material and failed my first shot. I havent taken it since, it's been a few months now.

The test sucked, I need to start over.

Keep at it. The biggest key is doing labs. I probably read the book about 2 complete times and skimmed through it a third time. ACL's NAT, subnetting and troubleshooting are really key to learn.
  • Options
    netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job, Remy. Way to go!! Sounds like you were pretty prepared.
  • Options
    initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed today with 881. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats remy! Ready for the next round or going to take some time to chill for a "little" while. icon_confused.gif

About 15 hours away until test time for me. . . icon_eek.gif
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
  • Options
    initiald wrote:
    Passed today with 881. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats remy! Ready for the next round or going to take some time to chill for a "little" while. icon_confused.gif

About 15 hours away until test time for me. . . icon_eek.gif

Good Luck!!!!
    I am going to take some time out for a few months. I am going to concentrate on my Linux admin skills. I work at a colocation company and we run a lot of Linux servers so I want to get my administration skill up to par. I'll start really trying to learn scripting (Bash and Perl) and just have some fun. I will probably by the CCNP books and read at my leisure.
  • Options
    well, thank GOD Cisco has that "second chance" thing going on. Missed by 10 points. icon_evil.gif

I know the areas where I screwed up so I will knock this out no problem the next time.

Time for a cold beer.
    Regg'

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    initiald wrote:
    Time for a cold beer.
    Sounds like a plan! :D

Brush up on your weak areas, but make sure you review everything else too -- you don't want to lose any of the points you got the first time. Use your 5 days wisely icon_study.gif

With the secondshot, this was just your free practice test -- so Good Luck on your real attempt! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    Brush up on your weak areas, but make sure you review everything else too -- you don't want to lose any of the points you got the first time. Use your 5 days wisely icon_study.gif

.....exactly what I'm doing. Hit the books as soon as I finished that cold beer. I'll definitely be more prepared next time.
    mikej412 wrote:
    With the secondshot, this was just your free practice test -- so Good Luck on your real attempt! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks man!
    Regg'

• Options
    lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    wooh... I take my test on Monday.. Two days from Now...
    cant wait.
    NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb
  • Options
    lildeezul wrote:
    test on Monday
    You know the drill - time management, relax, 10 minutes, breathe, read the question.... yada yada yada....

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, be sure to pay attention to the MODERATED. I remember there was one question I was about to submit the answer when MODERATED
  • Options
    suffah wrote:
    Also, be sure to pay attention to the MODERATED I remember there was one question I was about to submit the answer when MODERATED

The FIRST RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- you do not talk about exam content.

The SECOND RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- you DO NOT talk about exam content.

The THIRD RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.

The FOURTH RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

The FIFTH RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- what you see on the computer screen in your VUE Testing Center stays in your VUE Testing Center, even if you're already in Las Vegas.
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    lildeezul wrote:
    test on Monday
    You know the drill - time management, relax, 10 minutes, breathe, read the question.... yada yada yada....

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Read the question is key. Take time to review the topology also. Don't rush. One question i would have been done in 2 minutes but did not look at the topology close enough and took me 6 minutes longer than it should have.