Options

My CCVP Diary

CCVP-RaViCCVP-RaVi Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm starting to study for my Cvoice exam today, exam date is 25th July 2008 642-432.

I was supposed to do this exam about two years ago, and now I have just decided that I need to get it done. the last day for the 642-432 Cvoice exam officially is the 26 july 2008 so this should interesting.

icon_cool.gif
Working hard towards my CCVP

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! And let us know how it is. I was curious about how the VP sections were but was scared away by the 5 or more exams I saw on Cisco's site.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    Will do!
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cvoice Passed with a 978 score
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing and a great score! Which test is next?
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CCVP-RaVi wrote:
    Cvoice Passed
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

So what did you use to study? What did you use for lab work/practice?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    To answer a few questions, I used the Cisco Press Guide Cvoice and 2x1760 Routers with CME.

Have been busy with work projects so have not been able to sustain the study momentum.

anyway now I have booked the next exam and I have been studying for the last two weeks so I should be ready for the exam although there is a lot of material to get through.

I not feeling too confident at the moment, as I seem to forget alot of the commands, but that is improving slowly.

I will keep you posted!
  • Options
    Started Studying SIP yesterday, probably the most interesting of the GW protocols. Study is going to well, but it seems to take an age to get through the material.

I definatley enjoy GWGK study more the CVOICE.

I work for a company who are in the middle of developing some really cool stuff using Sipex and SIP Trunks with Mobile phones so it would be good to be able to contribute with some knowledge.

Exams is on the 31st of October. :)
  • Options
    Passed the GWGK Exam today

Score 925 used the Cisco press book, the exam was tough im so gland i passed! now im doing the CIPT 4.x exam on the 16th December but that exam im expecting to be a lot easier to pass as I work with call manager on a daily basis! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Options
    CCVP-RaVi wrote:
    Passed the GWGK Exam
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    CCVP-RaVi wrote:
    Passed the GWGK Exam today

Score 925 used the Cisco press book, the exam was tough im so gland i passed! now im doing the CIPT 4.x exam on the 16th December but that exam im expecting to be a lot easier to pass as I work with call manager on a daily basis! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

So you used solely the Cisco book? I just finished reading mine, and I know I have a LOT of review to do before I can begin to think I know it well.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Options
    I kind of study really slowly because I don't just read the book, I make my own notes (almost rewriting the whole book in short form, this helps me remember better) I reviewed my notes every day on the train to work (1 hour a day), Along with practising the configuration steps on my routers. After I have finished learning the material, I used the Boson practise questions to make sure i'm ready for the exam.

For me the real learning comes after I have finished the exams as you start trying different things and feel more confident when senior engineers start talking technical and I am now able to contribute more and more.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Received the Cisco Press book for the CIPT 4.1 exam and it is absolutely huge, 800 pages icon_cry.gif

originally I had pre-booked my exam for the 16th of december but now im going to wait until after christmas! Solid study is making me miserable so I'm going to try a different approach.

I'm going to do about three study session a week which can vary from 1-3 hours, i'm not in a rush to get the Exam done. I prefer to maintain a balance where I can do everyday things like help around the house, watch my favourite TV shows and Football along with study! Study becomes a bit more enjoyable with this method. After studying for the CVOICE and GWGK I kind of learnt how to learn again, so I dont feel like im all over the place e.g. gained more confidence in my ability, I have a set way to go through the material and practise configuration and so far so good :)

Im aiming to take the CIPT exam late January, early February. The key thing for me is to pre-book the exam. If I dont pre-book, I will dither with my study until forever and never get anything done. (if you have problems motivating yourself and you have not booked your exam in advanced try it as it works for me and it might work for you!) icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    CCVP-GuyCCVP-Guy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear All,

I hope you are all doing well, here i need some help please I'm going to start my CCVP, i have no hardware can i do with GNS3,Dynamips...ect...?

Thanks
  • Options
    CCVP-Guy wrote: »
    i have no hardware can i do with GNS3,Dynamips...ect...?
    Check out my post in this thread to find out what you can't do.

Then check out How to build a voice lab with GNS3 and VMWare on blindhog.net to find out what you can do. It does cover adding a REAL Router to the Virtual Lab to deal with the limitations. Make sure you follow the links over there to get to the "beginners links" with the Videos that will talk you through individual pieces that you'll need to understand, build, and link together.

Also check out the CCVP Forum FAQ