planning to write ccna within 2 weeks
any suggestions on important sections

Comments

• tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    denlp007 wrote:

denlp007,

Everything in the following Exam Outline for the 640-802 CCNA exam will be important.

Source:
    1. 640-802 CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate Exam - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-802.html
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    denlp007 wrote:

Know the material, and use good time management skills during the exam.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't spend more than 10 minutes on your lab sims. If you can't do the sim in 10 minutes or less move on. If it takes you 20 minutes to finally get the sim right you'll probably miss more points on not finishing the exam than points lost skipping the lab.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • TryPingingTheServerTryPingingTheServer Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    Don't spend more than 10 minutes on your lab sims. If you can't do the sim in 10 minutes or less move on. If it takes you 20 minutes to finally get the sim right you'll probably miss more points on not finishing the exam than points lost skipping the lab.

I remember someone posting the bold statement that if you completely fail a single simulation question it can result in an overall failing mark. Do you think there is anything truth to that?
    "His GPA is a solid 2.0. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."
  • suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, I completely failed the first sim I came across but still (barely) managed to pass. I think I pretty much nailed everything else though. I feel that my score would have been in the 950's if I got that sim right.
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    suffah wrote:
    Well, I completely failed the first sim I came across but still (barely) managed to pass. I think I pretty much nailed everything else though. I feel that my score would have been in the 950's if I got that sim right.

They let you know right then and there if you failed the SIM?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    suffah wrote:

They let you know right then and there if you failed the SIM?

No, I'm assuming he realized he failed by majorly screwing it up :D
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No, but you can pretty much determine it by looking at the score report for the corresponding section.

It is theoretically possible to pass the exam after totally messing up or skipping a sim, but you had better make sure you finish the exam and do really well on the rest. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.