interesting job posting...

TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
I just ran into this job posting and I decided to show you guys it

Job Description
Computer Wiz Wanted Must be able to expand corporate image throughout the web. Be able to create and maintain websites, blogs and bulletin boards. Must have experience in search engine optimization. Must be a self starter able to work with little supervision. Come work for one of the country's fastest growing Incorporating firms. Prestigious and professional office. Full time position . Monday ?Friday 8-5. Starting salary $31K year plus benefits. Fax resume to Susan at 702-838-5130 or email resume to susan@corpthis.com

Computer Wiz icon_lol.gif

Also isn't that salary low for a website admin?

Calling someone a computer Wiz sure helps expand corporate image though icon_wink.gif

I passed on sending in my resume, I'm not exactly a web developer. The Wiz part didn't help either.

Comments

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    I don't think $31k is bad at all for their requirements...

And I can't believe their are still Website Admins, companies are so lazy these days...

Web Design(E-comm) has to be the most flooded field in IT, anyone can pick up HTML/Dreamweaver/Photoshop or just something open source like PostNuke...

Even if they won't build their own website they should at least learn the basics on how to maintain it...
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey now, I made good money doing web design/development... in 1997. icon_lol.gif
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    astorrs wrote:
    Hey now, I made good money doing web design/development... in 1997. icon_lol.gif

lol, gosh in 97 i was like 9 years old, I think I mastered HTML and was reselling Web Hosting at that time.
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sounds like a fun job!
    -Daniel