Used Tech books

SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
Just happened upon this forum after doing a little research into where I might want to go next in my Certification ventures, was looking into getting my A+ as I have a job interview coming up and thought it might put the HR people at ease since most of them are un-familiar with what an MCSE is. Anyway with that aside, looks like a great forum and great people.

Where is a good place to pick up some good used/new tech books, I was looking to pick up a good windows server manual like the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket Guide, so I went to B&N and they want about 30 dollars for it! Now I am sure this book is filled with wonderful information that makes it worth the coin but I want to know if any of you know some underground resources aside from the usual Amazon,ebay etc, to pick up some good deals on technical books.

Thanks
SS

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A lot of the times, I find good deals in the Amazon marketplace. You can search for a book, and choose to buy new or buy used/new from the marketplace. I've purchased some brand new books that typically go for $50 on Amazon for about $8-10 brand new on the marketplace.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    Yes I was just looking at some of those books. Some are extremely good deals.
    Also do any of you have any books you recommend for good reading to help bone up on things like AD and windows server in general, kind of like the pocket guide, just loads of useful information.
    Thanks
  • AmpdChaosAmpdChaos Member Posts: 130
    i like half.com
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
  • RikkuRikku Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ebay.com, Half.com and I do a google search in the shopping catagory and narrow results by price..etc. Also, dont be afraid to get used. But, be sure that you know whats included in the purchase and don't hesitate to ask the person a question on the product.

I just got the Microsoft Press Book (70-291) with brand new cd's included (It was listed as used..but the cd's are still sealed in the cases and I cant tell it was used at all) for around $29 including shipping from half.com. Much cheaper then purchasing new on amazon or what have you which was around $80-$50 avg from what I was seeing online.

-Rikku
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    yea used does not bother me a bit even if they have a bit of character as long as the pages are there. Anyone have any good hip pocket guides for a network engineer possible getting his first job? icon_wm.gif