Any fellow SNES gamers?

Comments

• ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seiken Densetsu 3 was the best Snes RPG had to wait years to play it though as it was only a japanese release

( Secret of mana 2 )
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□

I posted that on a gaming forum once and got banned for ****. ^^;
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
    Oh, and to avoid creating a pointless topic I'll just use this one: I purchased Bioshock the other day. Best experience yet.

Nothing beats running through an underwater city full of crazy splicers.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Oh, and to avoid creating a pointless topic I'll just use this one: I purchased Bioshock the other day. Best experience yet.

Nothing beats running through an underwater city full of crazy splicers.

i have yet to play this, but I keep hearing its a fantastic game.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It sort of dragged on towards the end, after the big twist, but it was still one of the better gaming experiences I've had.
    ooooo I just might have to download this on the Wii :D

super mario RPG Virtual Console
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    snadam wrote:
    ooooo I just might have to download this on the Wii :D

super mario RPG Virtual Console

I'm with you on that one!
    Yea, I'm interested in that as well. I still haven't gone through Breath of Fire 2 yet though. I feel like I'm just collecting all my old games out of nostalgia. It'll be interesting to see how this holds up. I thought it was awesome when I first played it, but that was also 12 years ago.
    dynamik wrote:
    Yea, I'm interested in that as well. I still haven't gone through Breath of Fire 2 yet though. I feel like I'm just collecting all my old games out of nostalgia. It'll be interesting to see how this holds up. I thought it was awesome when I first played it, but that was also 12 years ago.

Id say the $8 risk is worth it :)

snadam wrote:

What else do you apply that logic to!? icon_eek.gif
    dynamik wrote:
    snadam wrote:

What else do you apply that logic to!? icon_eek.gif

beer :)

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    aww come on, you knew it was funny!!!

Saw it coming a mile away. icon_cool.gif
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    snadam wrote:

I thought it was funny!
    snadam wrote:

I thought it was funny!

:) back to the subject though, Im glad I finally get to have a chance to beat this thing (Super Mario RPG, that is)!

I really enjoyed that game as a kid. It was...almost magical. icon_lol.gif
    I preordered Chrono trigger when I picked up my copy of the Dragon quest 4 remake.
    I'm waiting on Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility. Please stop pushing back release dates. icon_sad.gif

Plus my wife really wants the cow plushie.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wanted a SNES so bad, but my parents wouldn't get me one since they had just bought me a new PC. I was rockin a IBM 486 SX/25, playing King's Quest, Wolfenstein, Commander Keen, etc.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
    speaking of SNES RPG games...

yes, i AM bored today :P

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2008/09/the-best-super-nintendo-snes-rpgs.html

That list seems pretty complete. For once I can't think of any that they may have missed. I'm currently working on finishing Der Langrisser and yet another try at Tales of Phantasia.
  • SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    Chronotrigger was fun but it wasn't like the end all of RPGs. I hold Final Fantasy 3 (numbering on the SNES) to be higher standing than Chronotrigger.

+1, ff6 (ff3 in US) is still my fav. RPG of all time. :)
  • SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I actually have the re-release on the Playstation, but I never played it.

Mishra, wasn't FF3 the one where you eventually went up to a sky world? Right before that happened, I completely sold off everything in my inventory. Unfortunately, all the gear for people not in my party was in my inventory, so they were all unequiped. Then I had to play with them when I went up there, and they just died in one hit every time. I didn't have any other saves and there was no place to get more gear haha. That = ncool.gif

That sounds like Secret of Mana, ff3 is the one where you go to Kefka's Tower.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The list looks good. It includes some of my favorites, aside from the mainstream FF and Chrono Trigger series, I also loved Earthbound, Illusion of Gaia, and the Breath of Fire series. I was also a HUGE fan of the Lufia games, but I was a little sad to see they left Robotrek and Secret of Evermore off the listing.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Soulblazer, terranigma and illusion of gaia were great games. :)
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    The list looks good. It includes some of my favorites, aside from the mainstream FF and Chrono Trigger series, I also loved Earthbound, Illusion of Gaia, and the Breath of Fire series. I was also a HUGE fan of the Lufia games, but I was a little sad to see they left Robotrek and Secret of Evermore off the listing.

Earthbound was an absolute blast -- do you remember the scented cards the game originally came with? Oh, the memories... :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    I remember the scented advertisement that Nintendo Power sent out on the game.

*does a peter griffin expression*
    That didn't smell like pizza at all. icon_cry.gif
    Slowhand wrote:

I think you are the first person I have ever seen mention Illusion of Gaia. That is one of my all-time favorites. I'm with you on the rest of the list as well. Earthbound rocked!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    What can I say? I spent most of my childhood rotting in front of the television, but at least I worked up my hand-eye coordination. icon_lol.gif

Now, for the real hardcore EB fans. . . what flavor was your menu screen? (Mine was always peanut butter.) And I did get the whole pack with the strategy guide, the scratch-and-sniff stickers, and I collected a whole bunch of them from Game Players magazine, which I subscribed to when EB came out. Here's something for the truly nostalgic. icon_wink.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.