Exchange 2k3 Searching Issue

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Where's royal when you need him? icon_lol.gif

I have a problem with a shared mailbox. Basically there are around 20 people have access to this mailbox and when anyone of them try to run a search on the mailbox they get the error:

there are too many find public folders dialogs open. you must close them to use the advanced find. Do you want to close them now?

You then can choose yes or no.

Then it states "outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. the folder already exists"

Does anyone have any ideas?

Ive ran outlook /cleanfinders (from MS article 240697). Sometimes it works but then returns soon after or it doesnt work and you get the same error.

The mailbox has been used for quite a while and has just started happening.

Does anyone have any idea's? Cheers
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Does the search work when you log in as the mailbox's user account and search?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I read that KB article... did you try to run that cleanfinder switch from the user account that is associated with the mailbox? If a corrupted saved search is the culprit, it gets saved to a mail folder, and for some reason I want to say you'd have to run it against a profile where the shared mailbox is the main mailbox.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...