CCNA:Security! UPDATED - 2nd attempt - PASSED

Comments

• LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From your descriptions it sounds very close to the ISCW exam.

I actually just looked over the ISCW exam and half of it is pretty much a good chunk of the CCNA:Security... Chapters 12-23 of the ISCW book are ALL covered in the IINS exam. I think it would make the most sense for me to attempt this next since I will have half of the exam material already covered in pretty good depth.
  • skeet2331skeet2331 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have to agree. I am a little over half way through the CCNA security book. It is very interesting but there are some hard concepts but I am defiantly enjoying it. I am looking to take the test the first of next month also.
    September 2nd Update - Edit original Post - Pass
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats LOkrasa! I think that makes you the first. icon_cool.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Big congrats on the pass, sounds like you pushed hard for this exam. I've been eyeing CCIE Professional Development: Network Security Technologies and Solutions at the bookstore the last couple of days, good to know that it served you well. (Now I have an excuse to buy it, despite it not being on the CCIE R&S reading list.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!

What you concentrating on now?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Every network engineer loves to use SDM... In their imagination...
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LOkrasa wrote:
    PASS!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congrats on the pass!!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's awesome, congratulations!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz! :)

I just completed ISCW so your saying chapters 12 -23 of the ISCW book is all that CCNA security covers???

I have the CCNA Security book at home and want to knock it out ASAP but should really concentrate on getting my last CCNP exam out of the way........ If it is just ISCW material a bit of revision should serve me well :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cool man! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    Congratulations! Despite wanting a certification vacation, my boss man wants me to start working on this one...*Sigh*...back to the books...
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    Thanks everyone!
    nel wrote:
    Congrats man!

What you concentrating on now?
    I will be starting on the CCNP, for real this time, with my focus on the BCMSN first. I hope to do the ISCW afterwards just because of the material overlap with the CCNA:Security.
    A.P.A wrote:
    Congratz! :)

I just completed ISCW so your saying chapters 12 -23 of the ISCW book is all that CCNA security covers???

I have the CCNA Security book at home and want to knock it out ASAP but should really concentrate on getting my last CCNP exam out of the way........ If it is just ISCW material a bit of revision should serve me well :)
    Yeah the ISCW book from chapter 12 onward is all stuff that is covered in the CCNA:Security. Not sure if it is in the same depth or more because I haven't read it yet but judging from the chapter names it seems to be almost identical.
    booked mine for tomorrow!!! ;p

How many questions on this exam?

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A.P.A wrote:

You'll have to wait and find out. ;)
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/downloads/guest/learning/c644/ccmigration_09186a00801f7961.pdf
    A.P.A wrote:

Good luck!!
    astorrs wrote:
    A.P.A wrote:

You'll have to wait and find out. ;)
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/downloads/guest/learning/c644/ccmigration_09186a00801f7961.pdf

oh yeah that thing....... :D

three hours till I'm off...... I managed to read the whole CCNA:Security book last night.... some serious overlap with ISCW but also a few new bits a pieces....

here we go here we go here we go... :p

You should be ok! Good luck!
    couldn't be arsed creating a new thread...

Passed with flying colours... got 920 on first attempt :D

Reading the exam cert guide certainly helped in a few areas I wasn't too familiar with especially zone-based firewalls and that damn IPS again....

Incredible overlap with quite a few ISCW topics although ISCW goes into the topics in more depth which is what I believe helped me breeze through this one.....

Another cert to add to the collection :D

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Nice! Good job man!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice, congratulations!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A.P.A wrote:
    Passed with flying colours.
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!