Options

Actual job posting

tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I ran across a job for a Network Engineer on monster.com. This was part of the job description:

"Recent hands on experience with troubleshooting to host level. Troubleshooting LAN/WAN networks, trace route, know show commands, at least at a cisco level. Layer 2 switching. Know what ARP is and what it does. Network Protocol 8.21Q, spaming, trunching, BGP, EIRP, general rounting layer 3"

Trunching - LOL!
Next up:
CCIP

Comments

• Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    tomset wrote:
    I ran across a job for a Network Engineer on monster.com. This was part of the job description:

"Recent hands on experience with troubleshooting to host level. Troubleshooting LAN/WAN networks, trace route, know show commands, at least at a cisco level. Layer 2 switching. Know what ARP is and what it does. Network Protocol 8.21Q, spaming, trunching, BGP, EIRP, general rounting layer 3"

Trunching - LOL!

tomset,

The abovementioned items are amusing too. :)
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ha. and these are the places that complain they can't get good people.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Don't you guys create trunch links between your switches? icon_lol.gif

I'm trying to find RFCs for 8.21q no luck as yet........ it's good thing they don't need 8.211a/b/g skills...

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tomset wrote:
    spaming
    Maybe they meant spamming tree icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Yup, I trunch all my switches together, that way the 8.21Q VALN tags get passed between switches seamlessly. I also use spaming tree on the edge switches. Heck we even use EIRP as our routing protocol. I'd be a perfect fit. Oh wait, I only know traceroute not "trace route". Shoot and I thought I was a shoe in for that one.
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Is a trunch link a link made out of a string of captain crunch nuggets BEFORE you add the milk? Add that to the spaming and you have a very interesting meal indeed! :D

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like this

rounting layer

"Hey man your skin doesn't look too good. They have that new skin device that gets that rounting layer off and it makes you look 10 year younger."
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wrehe do i sgin up?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did they post the experience/qualifications they're looking for? I'm guessing they want a CCIE icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Did they post the experience/qualifications they're looking for? I'm guessing they want a CCIE icon_rolleyes.gif
    No no the job calls for a Microsoft Certified Internetworking Engineer (MCIE)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    astorrs wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    No no the job calls for a Microsoft Certified Internetworking Engineer (MCIE)

Wow this is getting ridiculous now..it's awesome!!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MCIE Member of the Association of Charity Independent Examiners
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    MCIE Member of the Association of Charity Independent Examiners
    icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    gojericho0 wrote:
    wrehe do i sgin up?

Sory budy, I hvae already subbmited my resume for teh job. I'm a shoe in.

I'm a Microsoft Certified Internetworking Administrator (MCIA), so back off!! LOL
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like the expectations are pretty low.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    tomset wrote:
    gojericho0 wrote:
    wrehe do i sgin up?

I'm a Microsoft Certified Internetworking Administrator (MCIA), so back off!! LOL
    Don't be so sure, my Microsoft/Cisco IP networking & Telephony Professional (MCITP) cert might trump that since it covers 2 vendors.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:

They're looking to snag a quad CCIE for $40k/year - no benefits. Looking at the job description, I'm not sure anything less than a quad CCIE could even do the job.

LOL
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tomset wrote:
    gojericho0 wrote:
    wrehe do i sgin up?

I see you have your MSCE but since you don't have an MCP you are not qualified.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    probably posted from a guy named "martin" who works for at&t from India. i like the jobs that say ccna required, ccie prefered. its like whoa, there is a pretty big gap there from ccna to ccie. i'm guessing they'll settle for a ccnp icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    probably posted from a guy named "martin" who works for at&t from India. i like the jobs that say ccna required, ccie prefered. its like whoa, there is a pretty big gap there from ccna to ccie. i'm guessing they'll settle for a ccnp icon_cool.gif
    You won't know until you apply, good luck, you'll need it those rounting questions can be pretty tough but I see you've finished the Bundling Selectable Cisco Internals exam already. ;)

http://denver.craigslist.org/sad/733578935.html
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Rounting ha.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    Sonali_iplaceSonali_iplace Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello:

I have been assigned the most difficult task of finding the very best Cisco Certified Professionals in Raleigh and Charlotte,NC.

I am looking for candidates with strong experience on wireless,VOIP and Infrastructure design with CCNA and CCNP certifications in Raleigh and Charlotte,NC region.

If interested, please reply with your updated resume in MS Word format, else, you may also refer me someone you think would be a right fit.

I would appreciate you passing this message to your Cisco user groups as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks and Regards
    Sonali Patil
    Senior Sourcer
    iPlaceUSA
    sonali@iplaceusa.com
    Sonali
    sonali@iplaceusa.com
    Recruiter
  • Options
    bylsan_omanbylsan_oman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dear CCNPWANNABE

i think you got ITIL V3 exam i just want more detail about it becz i attened the courses and i want to get the exam and this is first time for me to take exam in ITIL i just want to know how the exam look like and if you have exam metirial can you give it to me or just tell me whrere can i find it

even me i am taking ccnp courses to be ccnp certified then ccie

i started with BSCI course
    I can't smile without you