Redmond CSI: Anti-piracy and Microsoft Certification

2»

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tried, couldn't find anything. Got interested by what everyone was saying about what we weren't allowed to say about MS cert tests. Was actually going to provide the link in the WGU community as some people post WAY too much info on their cert tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not sure if this is the same presenation

Peggy Crowley
    Anti-Piracy Program Manger
    June 25, 2008
    MCP Live Meeting: Redmond CSI: Anti-piracy and Microsoft Certification (Session 2)
    earweed wrote: »
    Got interested by what everyone was saying about what we weren't allowed to say about MS cert tests.

Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Policies

They talk about candidate bans, data forensics, out of country testing (to stop the use of "gunmen" test takers), etc.

The NDA should tell you what you can (or can't) say about an exam (and exam content).

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the same presenation

Peggy Crowley
    Anti-Piracy Program Manger
    June 25, 2008
    MCP Live Meeting: Redmond CSI: Anti-piracy and Microsoft Certification (Session 2)
    It was, thanks Mike.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Came across this on MS website.
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Policies

Candidate re-testing at request of Microsoft

1.Microsoft reserves the right to ask any candidate to re-test for any suspected fraudulent activity or anomalous testing patterns at any time.
    2.Re-testing will take place at a facility that is selected by Microsoft at a time agreed upon by Microsoft and the candidate.

If they suspect you of cheating or if the standard variation of testing algorithms is skewed they will call you and tell you to test again at an agreed upon location or forfeit your certification. Pretty cut and dry. If you have done nothing wrong you will most likely pass the second test.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
    Thanks Mike. I was actually wanting this to post over on WGU community as a lot of test takers, I've been guilty in the past, have posted a lot of "helpful info" about tests. According to MS policy I can't even say "the test had X simulations.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    This was posted today on B2L

Don't miss our next Live Meetings for Managers presentation, Exam Forensics and What Microsoft Is Doing to Catch the Cheaters. Join this Live Meeting to hear what Microsoft and other organizations are doing to protect certification from "brain-****" providers, proxy test-takers, and score-report fraud.
    April 21 2010 at 8:00am PDT (What time is this in my region?)
    Register Now

Join this special Live Meeting series created specifically for managers of IT professionals and developers. View the full schedule and access previous meetings on-demand.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I sweat alot when I take tests. Does anyone else?
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Not really...but i do catch myself day dreaming a lot. I will do fine in the beginning for about the first 40% of the exam...day dream on and off for another 30%, and then power through the remaining 30%.
    The testing center I go to is pretty dead in the afternoon (when I always schedule tests) and the proctor noticed that I always talk to myself during the test.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    earweed, "The testing center I go to is pretty dead in the afternoon (when I always schedule tests) and the proctor noticed that I always talk to myself during the test. "

That is when you tell them that the voices in your head are bothering you while taking the test and you can't get them to shut up. Make sure to look at them crosseyed while saying that. At least that is what I tell my co workers when I want to make them go away, LOL. A little "twitch" helps too.

Anyone know what the usual testing center gets paid, US, per test. I am considering opening up a testing center near me, the closest ones are 20-40+ miles in each direction.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!