Options

Roaming Profiles

ivlattivlatt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
Trying to get some hands on experience with profiles prior to my exam. I tried to change the account type to a roaming profile, although XP won't let me and I'm restricted to a local profile. The option is grayed out. I have tried different account types (limited\administrator), also tried active\inactive profiles, new profiles and existing profiles and still NO LUCK. I've looked in group policy edittor at user profiles category and nothing really related to roaming profiles.
Any help is appreciated!
Cheers
Matt
profdt7.png

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It looks like you get that message when you try to change the profile of the user that's currently logged on. Is that what's happening? Can you change the profile types for other users? Can you change that user's if you log on as another user?
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Roaming profiles arnt supported in Workgroups, are you within a Domain or a Workgroup?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    ivlattivlatt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh, figures. icon_lol.gif
    Yeah, workgroup.
    Cheers Sie
    Also, Sie, where did you do your Advanced Diploma? The only diplomas we can do around here are ND and HND, I only hold a ND though lol icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    SanzaSanza Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Can you do the ND IT Practitioner in South Africa? I am interested in doing the Diploma
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Have sent the course scheme handbook to you both via PM. icon_cool.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools