Options

Passed by the skin of my teeth!!

cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
About 10 questions into the exam, I thought I had failed. I couldn’t believe the wording of the questions. I was like...where's the hookah because these people were most defiantly smoking something!! But a pass is a pass so I’ll take this one.

I used the following

Sybex - not enough to pass the test
Exam Cram2 – better in SOME areas
Exam Cram2 Practice tests – pretty good questions but you need the book for the full answers
PrepLogic – after going though these questions several times, I felt they were a little too easy.

I had the Transcender but did not use it. My fault!! And a great way to blow $149 bucks.
I should have done more research on all the subjects.

I have learned my lesson.
Now, off to 70-270 to start the MSCE 2k3.
And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Congrats! A pass is a pass, no matter the score.

I am taking the exam on Monday (7/7). I have heard several people complain about poorly worded questions, so I am not feeling too confident, but I think I'll be okay. I used ExamCram, the Syngress Book, some CBT Nuggets... and the technotes here. All that's left is to review and take practice tests.

That is what I love about certifications as opposed to college courses... the anticipation, the adrenaline, the nervousness....then it's all over quick! It's kind of addictive in a way and much less dangerous than heroin.
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    larrydaman wrote:
    That is what I love about certifications as opposed to college courses... the anticipation, the adrenaline, the nervousness....then it's all over quick! It's kind of addictive in a way and much less dangerous than heroin.

You got that right!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    I would say that if you can get your hands on a CISSP book, that will help clear up some of the
    confusion on some of the subjects. I though that some of the questions were extremely in depth and beyond Security+.

My company had SkillSoft for their learning CBT. AWFUL for Security+. Just horrible!! Questions were for 3rd graders.

I had read several postings about Prometric and exams crashing so that make me nervous. I had no problems at the test center at all. Very smooth and professional. I was early so I got in early. They had secure lockers for all you stuff and you keep the key while testing. Very nice.

Cheers and good luck...

Oh yeah...no guns allowed.....damn!! I wonder why?? I sometimes like to OC. HHHMMMMMM?? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

• Options
    larrydaman wrote:

You got that right!

Maybe that explain why I didn't do so well in college but doesn't explain how I got out with a degree in engineering.

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    cbigbrick wrote:
    I would say that if you can get your hands on a CISSP book, that will help clear up some of the
    confusion on some of the subjects. I though that some of the questions were extremely in depth and beyond Security+.

CISSP is my next exam and I have purchased the materials already. So I can give those books a look too, thanks for the advice
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Congratz on the pass. It counts no matter what. Now time to move on to the next one
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    Congratz on the pass. It counts no matter what. Now time to move on to the next one

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations. I'm already on a roll with 70-270. Printed out all the tech notes from here and put them in a binder. Found some more highlighters and I'm ready to rock.

My goal is to get the MCSE sometime around Christmas. Then I hope to get my SIG P229!!! YEAH!!!

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck on getting your MCSE and SIG. :)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can't think of too many other scenarios where it would be useful for your teeth to have skin.

I think having skin on your teeth would probably cause a great deal of pain each time you bite down.

Hopefully this made it all worthwhile! Congratulations icon_thumright.gif