Options

Comptia.org malware?

LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
I get the following popup when I go to comptia.org... how about yous?? i thought this was some spyware i had till i saw the warnings were from google

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at comptia.org has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for certification.comptia.org

What is the current listing status for certification.comptia.org/network/?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 06/21/2008, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, certification.comptia.org/network/ did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

©2008 Google - Google Home
CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
Microsoft: MCSA 2003

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, I get it too. Weird.

Note: This results from going to CompTIA via Google, not typing it in directly.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Interesting....

It indeed says they have been involved.

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.comptia.org/

Wonder whats going on??

Do they have a forum or the like??
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    J0eJ0e Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, that's interesting.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Yea that's quite interesting esp since google said it found accounts of malicious code as of today icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tried going there to access my records and got the same message. It will give you the same message even if you type in the address to the site. I'm also using Firefox as well though.

Something is definitely up though. Maybe someone is upset about their test scores and they're taking revenge on CompTIA.. HAHA! icon_lol.gif
    Working on: NOTHING
    Left To Do: EVERYTHING
  • Options
    nangananga Member Posts: 201
    hahaha..seriousy ..cant stop thinking that somebody must have been pissed out at the scores..... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its fine on Internet Explorer...
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • Options
    cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    I get the warning when using Firefox v3 but not with IE6.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • Options
    apache_16apache_16 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm getting the same thing. I went to comptia site using IE7 and immediately Kaspersky caught a trojan downloader.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    cbigbrick wrote:
    I get the warning when using Firefox v3 but not with IE6.
    FF3 has a new Malware site warning feature like IE7. I use use the Hostsman utility to maintain a massive hosts file to protect against Malware/Spyware sites, but I think I'll make the move to FF3 just for its Malware warning feature.

I noticed the comptia.org site in Google a few days ago. It looks like comptia.org has been DNS slammed.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    JDMurray wrote:
    FF3 has a new Malware site warning feature like IE7. I use use the Hostsman utility to maintain a massive hosts file to protect against Malware/Spyware sites, but I think I'll make the move to FF3 just for its Malware warning feature.

Opera has malware warning as well!

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2008/06/06/malware-protection
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I guess we now know what the + stands for in "Security+"? icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    I guess we now know what the + stands for in "Security+"? icon_lol.gif

At the moment though we are questioning the I and A in Comptias CIA.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    looks like they sort of took care of the problem
    WIP: IPS exam