Options

troubles troubles the day before the exam...***Update*****

lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
Huh.......

Well i found out by reading, that i need two forms of Identification... one picture ID and other form of ID..
well two of them has to have my signature..

well I lost my wallet, and my ID/license are not there...

what a sigh.. My exam is schedules for 1:00pm tommorow...

what did everyone use for their two forms of ID..

would a birth certificate be permitted

********UPDATE*********************UPDATE************************UPDATE
WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW..!!111111

I am so exicted... I passed the exam... Not barely But with a 1000 points... OMG... can this be true....

lol... Man am i happy.... I though surely i messed up on my testlet.... But i made sure i knew the objectives which in turn dug out a win for me.....

Man i had 16 minutes left to spare... not to bad. i though the exam was fair... If you study hard, with some resources, lurk and participate in this forum, then you should pass the exam.

lammle book covered all the topics...
for the exam i could have skipped chapter 13 ( hopefully this doesnt break the NDA rules)

but again i studied hard with lammle book, Odom's( as a backup ) and Cbt nuggets....
Man i showed that test whos boss..i also have some equipment to play on

i aint going to lie.. I was very nevous,, i dont know if you know what i mean, but being nervous makes people do the number 2 (in the toilet of course)...

I blew that sim out the water... I studied this objective hard and did alot of hands-on lab. the sim wasnt hard for me... (people who took the test, you know which sim im talkin about)

Also quick tip
lets say you play video games, and you get really far on the game, but you have to turn it off because something came up. What should you do to allow you to turn the game back on and start from where you left off ????...........save your work.... (hopefully you get my guesture) (and hopefully im not breakin the NDA RULES)

I am vey intersted in Security.. Even though i have no experience in this field. I would like to get started....

I think ima go start on my security + and then once i pass that, a CCNA secuirty book should be out, and ill go with that track, then i'll hit the CCNP, then the CCSP...

also what is the CCDA about.. Anyone have that cert.. Is it as hard as the CCNA....???
--
NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'd say no for the birth certificate unless you were really good at signing your name when you were born :)

Do you have a passport? Maybe phone them up in the morning and see what you can do about it. They might accept other things.
  • Options
    SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    I used a DL and a Credit card. You should be able to go to the DMV and get a new license before 1 in the afternoon just hit them as soon as they open should only take a few minutes.

This is what Prometric states:
    What are acceptable forms of identification?

Acceptable forms of photo identification include:

* Driver's license
    * Passport
    * Military identification
    * Employee identification card

Acceptable forms of non-photo identification include:

* Credit card
    * Check cashing card

Please note: Credit cards and check cashing cards are not acceptable secondary ID for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, PRAXIS, and NBPTS.

Social Security cards are not considered acceptable forms of identification.
  • Options
    thanks... i figured when i go to the DMV, i could get an ID card, and a replacement lisence. they both have my signature..
    i dont own any credit cards or ect....
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Any membership cards? My gym membership card has both a photo ID and a signature.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    lildeezul wrote:
    thanks... i figured when i go to the DMV, i could get an ID card, and a replacement lisence. they both have my signature..
    i dont own any credit cards or ect....

lildeezul,

How about a debit/check card associated with your checking account?
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Silentsoul wrote:
    I used a DL and a Credit card. You should be able to go to the DMV and get a new license before 1 in the afternoon just hit them as soon as they open should only take a few minutes.

This is what Prometric states:
    What are acceptable forms of identification?

Acceptable forms of photo identification include:

* Driver's license
    * Passport
    * Military identification
    * Employee identification card

Acceptable forms of non-photo identification include:

* Credit card
    * Check cashing card

Please note: Credit cards and check cashing cards are not acceptable secondary ID for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, PRAXIS, and NBPTS.

Social Security cards are not considered acceptable forms of identification.

SilentSoul,

As of August 1, 2007, "...Pearson VUE will be the primary test vendor for Cisco® certification exams worldwide...." Therefore, any Prometric policy is irrelevant.

Source:
    1. Program Updates - 07/10/07 - Recent Program Information - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/whats_new/primary_vendor_announcement.html
  • Options
    Well.. I think i have figured it Out...

I wonder if the Vue center has exceptions becuase of my age.. ( i am young)

but neways, i found out my Social Secuirty card has my signature and im getting my driving ID from the DMV tommorow at 10

so theres two forms of Identification , one with a picture, and both with my signature
  • Options
    SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    My fault for some reason I thought i was in the MCSE forum I looked up the wrong test software
  • Options
    The vue center said that i have 110 minutes for the exam..
    I thought the exam was 90 minutes..

i do understand that the 20 minutes are for the tutorial and surveys... but if have time left over on the turorial , does it roll over to the exam ??

also..... are my Identification methods permitted ?
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lildeezul wrote:
    i do understand that the 20 minutes are for the tutorial and surveys... but if have time left over on the turorial , does it roll over to the exam ??

Nope, but it is a good time to write down any info you may need or forget later such as subnetting charts.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    lildeezul wrote:
    also..... are my Identification methods permitted ?
    The drivers license and Social Security card you mentioned should be fine:
    What materials do I need to take to the test center on the day of my test?
    Typically you are asked to bring two forms of identification, including one government-issued photo identification.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I used my drivers license and concealed carry license. No issues.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    phantasm wrote:
    They were probably afraid of you... Did they make you put it in a locker? ;)
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    astorrs wrote:
    phantasm wrote:
    They were probably afraid of you... Did they make you put it in a locker? ;)

Nah, I left it in the car with everything else. I only brought in 2 forms of ID.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've given 2 test centers a drivers license and a health insurance card. lol They didn't care and took it.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    phantasm wrote:

Same here. That is what I always use.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    Well i went by the testing center just now... I got familiarized with the center... I asked if my two forms were ok, she said yes that they were..
    so i good.

Now i just going over some objective before i take the exam at 1
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    lildeezul wrote:
    Well i went by the testing center just now... I got familiarized with the center... I asked if my two forms were ok, she said yes that they were..
    so i good.

Now i just going over some objective before i take the exam at 1
    Good luck/Hope it went well.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lildeezul wrote:
    I passed
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

The CCDA is an amusing little certification.... it's probably just best to check out the CCDA and CCDP forum and the CCDA Exam blueprint.

I passed the CCDA on my first try (after I completed my CCNP) -- yet I still have an occasional nightmare about that exam (the old 640-861 version).

Oh -- nice score! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass and the excellent score. :D
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    Thanks.. Man its tough Deciphering on what i want to do next...

I would like to do some secuirty stuff...

But should i keep it proprietary...

Idk... I guess ima stick to what i said (sec +) (CCNP) (CCNA SEC)

also... im confused..

how do i go about recieving my cert...

I am under 18 so i have to have my parents signature... Then i mail/fax this form to cisco..

does cisco send me like a certificate. and how long does that take. does the certificate have my name and so on ?
  • Options
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    lildeezul wrote:
    Thanks.. Man its tough Deciphering on what i want to do next...

Don't worry about it too much. You have plenty of time to figure it out.

For the time being, just focus on the celebration drunken_smilie.gif

Whoops. I don't want to encourage underage drinking... I guess, um, enjoy carving your pumpkin icon_pumpkin.gif or whatever you youngins do nowadays...
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job! icon_thumright.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Whoops. I don't want to encourage underage drinking... I guess, um, enjoy carving your pumpkin icon_pumpkin.gif or whatever you youngins do nowadays...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That's great.
  • Options
    haha.. ill celebrate my going out to eat.. and then studying some more on another topic
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lildeezul wrote:
    Then i mail/fax this form to cisco..
    Not sure if that will slow down the process for you..... but check your score report for some instructions about logging into the Cisco Certification Management System (or Certification Tracking System). An email should also show up to the email address you used with Vue with the same instructions -- usually in a couple of days.

It may take a day or two before you hit the system and get access -- assuming that parental signature thing isn't slowing you down -- so don't worry (too much). Since you're under 18, your parents are signing the agreement for you (I think if you violate the Cisco NDA, your parents are obligated to ground you until you turn 21 -- or something like that icon_lol.gif ).

Hopefully you'll get access to the system soon, and you should see your CCNA exam there -- so the only thing you might have to wait for is the "Agreement" to show up -- since you do have to "agree" to Cisco's terms to get the CCNA Certification.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!