Options

Preplogic, good practice?

puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
hy, i have prblem with my redeption form of my "Free voucher". i make all of the instruccion and waiting the period, when a make a fallow up, never receiv my order, and i lost my money and time, any other person with the same problem?
HOLD:
Comptia A+
Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
MCSA...75%
CCENT....0%
70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
MCITP
ORACLE

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you tried contacting Prep Logic?
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Have you tried contacting Prep Logic?
    Yes, he said that need the tracking number. i said that is only a simple mail. i send a complaint to customer service. may be i not alone in this.
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They have a good product, but my lone dealing with customer service was very bad. It's like they try as hard as they can to hide their customer service people from you. But you can talk to a sales person any time.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    They had some hokie "free" voucher deal going on a while back, maybe that is what you are referring to. I was tempted, but there was too much fine print. Something "free" shouldn't be that hard to obtain.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    Did the free voucher come with a book or some other training materials that you purchased?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote:
    Did the free voucher come with a book or some other training materials that you purchased?

This will give you a better idea: http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=236900
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did this recently (April) for 70-291.

I completed the paperwork and mailed it in, but have yet to receive the voucher.

I did receive a letter that is somewhat confusing but that appears to be offering me the opportunity to spend the voucher amount on additional PrepLogic products.

I will scan the letter in later and add it to this thread.

IMO, the PrepLogic material was woefully inadequate for 70-291 preparation.

MS
  • Options
    I received the following response from PrepLogic this morning:

Hello <omitted>,

Your voucher gift card was processed and mailed to you on June 12, 2008.
    For your convenience, I have pasted your gift card code below:

<omitted>

You will need to visit our website at www.preplogic.com to purchase your
    voucher using this gift card code. Simply select the voucher/product
    you are purchasing and add it to your shopping cart. Click the
    "Continue Shopping" link. You will enter the gift card code in the
    field just below your credit card information. Please note that you
    should not enter the gift card into the coupon code field as this is not
    considered a coupon. Again, you will want to enter this code into the
    gift card field. Once you have purchased your voucher online with your
    gift card, we will email the code to you so that you can register for
    your exam.

I did receive a letter from them in June that did not indicate that this was the process to receive the voucher. The letter mentioned the "Voucher Gift Card #", but, only in terms of using that code to purchase other preparation products, and not test vouchers.

Today, I submitted a purchase for the voucher from their website. I immediately received an email indicating that I could download the voucher from their site. When the link in this email is accessed, it takes you to their site and a PDF that indicates that the real voucher will be received within 24 hours.

This is a really complex process they have. My initial opinion is that it is intended to generate purchases for additional test prep material and/or continue driving traffic to their site, while minimizing purchase of test vouchers with the "Voucher Gift Card #".

I really hate crap like this. If you've agreed to give me a test voucher in exchange for a purchase, give me a test voucher. Don't screw around. Don't make me jump through all kinds of extra hoops.

My change in status to MCT makes future test vouchers a non-issue for me. My opinion is that the PrepLogic material for 70-291 was not useful in preparing me for the exam, and that their process to receive the promised voucher is confusing and difficult to navigate.

Material that doesn't help me learn the subject
    + a confusing process to receive a voucher
    = A company that I will not do business with in the future.

MS
  • Options
    Received my actual voucher via email and successfully used it to schedule 70-620 this Friday....

Puertorico123, best of luck in reaching a resolution.

MS
  • Options
    eMeS wrote:
    Received my actual voucher via email and successfully used it to schedule 70-620 this Friday....

Puertorico123, best of luck in reaching a resolution.

MS

Thanks, i call yesterday, the only resolution is get a free Test prep. the csr transfer to other people, but the extention are busy. today i dont receiv e-mail.

i lost 3 month of my time to take the Net+. and my frustation are heavy.
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a gmail account and the email they sent to me sent to my spam folder... which has never happened to me for a legit email in my gmail account since I've had the account. I almost lost the email.

Check your spam folder...
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    GranPa GeekGranPa Geek Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had the same problem getting a voucher from Prep Logic. I did everything they required but never received the voucher I called customer service and was informed that my submission was never received and I needed proof that the request was mailed. I had none since it was not certified mail.
    The offer was to purchase the Vista Client 70-620 for $119 and receive a free test voucher.
    I cound never make the test engine run on my laptop running Vista but would run on an identical dell laptop running XP pro. I was able to RDP to the XP machine to use the test but found the questions as flawed as the test engine.... wrong answers to questions, answers that disagree with Vista specs.
    Bottom line is they refused to make good on the offer and the Tech support is a joke.

I wouldn' buy this product.

Gramps
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Well, certainly a lot of preplogic bashing going on.

Personally, I've never really had a problem with them and I've never failed a test (I use preplogic and normally 1-2 other products like MS Press book). *Knocks on wood*

Today I received my free voucher via USPS (United States Postal Service), NOT email. Weird why they are emailing some, and using snail mail for others. Who knows. However, I did think it took closer to 7-8 weeks, than the 4-6 weeks they said. So be patient.

I guess I'd encourage anyone who is leary to....
    A) make sure you make copies of your receipts and submission form
    and
    B) spend the 2 dollars send your mail certified.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    bsm2bsm2 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed my Network+ july 18 on the deal got it Last year for 99.00
    test engine and free voucher. Yes you have to mail it in, I faxed it and was a no go.
    I live 20mins from there office in tampa to check on it.
    Yes it does work