Options

did i get the correct book?

vincentnyc10vincentnyc10 Member Posts: 133
i just got the ms press book today for my 70-290. the title of the book is called "managing and maintaining a microsoft windows server 2003 environment. self paced training kit" 2nd edition by dan holme and orin thomas. i took a quick glance at the book and doesn't looks as detail or have as many pages as my sybex 70-270 xp book. my question is did i get the correct book? and do you think this book is better than the sybex book?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    http://www.amazon.com/MCSA-MCSE-Self-Paced-Training-70-290/dp/0735622892/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215456987&sr=8-1

That one? That's the right one. I'm sure each book will have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Use them both to be safe ;)
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    FYI, the Sybex 290 book is also smaller than the 270 book. In fact the 270 book was larger than any of the others I got from them.
  • Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    I have both Books in MSPress and the 70'270 is smaller than the 70-290. I only used the Mspress Book in order to pass the Exam. Good Luck on ur prep
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i just got the ms press book today for my 70-290. the title of the book is called "managing and maintaining a microsoft windows server 2003 environment. self paced training kit" 2nd edition by dan holme and orin thomas. i took a quick glance at the book and doesn't looks as detail or have as many pages as my sybex 70-270 xp book. my question is did i get the correct book? and do you think this book is better than the sybex book?

it will say on the spine of the book which exam its for, as well as the intro on the first couple of pages on the book.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea the 290 books (Sybex and MSPress) are both smaller than their little brother 270 icon_cool.gif
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For my 70-270 exam I used the Sybex 3rd edition book.

For my 70-290 exam I used the MS Press book.

Passed both exams on first attempt, leaving me with a firm belief that both Sybex and MS Press get the job done.

:).
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• Options
    vincentnyc10vincentnyc10 Member Posts: 133
    Cingular wrote:
    For my 70-270 exam I used the Sybex 3rd edition book.

For my 70-290 exam I used the MS Press book.

Passed both exams on first attempt, leaving me with a firm belief that both Sybex and MS Press get the job done.

:).

what about the 70-291...which book are u using?