Options

BCMSN Passed

xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
Passed BCMSN exam today with a 875. I finished the exam with only 5 minutes to spare!

My 2nd to last question was a sim and when I saw it I thought I was done for with only 10 minutes left! Luckily, it was a super easy sim that only took a minute.

Overall, it was a challenging exam. It wasn't too difficult, but I didn't have complete confidence I had passed when I clicked end.

My topic scores were as follows:

Implementing VLANs 100%
Conduct the operation of STP 88%
Implement Inter-VLAN routing 100%
Implement gateway redundancy technologies 42% (they drilled me with that stuff!)
Describe and configure wireless 80% (a few tricky questions)
Describe and configure security features 85%
Configure support for voice 66%

My study materials consisted of:
Official exam cert guide from Cisco Press
CBT Nuggets
Everyday work experience

Good luck to everyone else pursuing CCNP in '08!

Comments

• Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif

So where are you at with your CCNP/what's next?
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    Congrats!

Scheistermeister,

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to do BCMSN and then ONT first (assuming you did in that order)?

The reason I ask is I am taking this same approach. I know many advise BSCI first, but the BCMSN just seemed easier to me (mainly because of my wireless experience).

Thanks!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratultions!
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□

Scheistermeister,

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to do BCMSN and then ONT first (assuming you did in that order)?

The reason I ask is I am taking this same approach. I know many advise BSCI first, but the BCMSN just seemed easier to me (mainly because of my wireless experience).

Thanks!

Yup, I took it BCMSN then ONT. Main reason was that I took the test for my CCNA and passed while I was doing the BSCI in the Net Acad. And decided to take a short break and took the Linux+ while I was in the ISCW in the Net Acad. After those I was studying the BCMSN in the Net Acad and really liked the switching more than the routing. I also felt it was a lot easier, so the day after my skills final in the Net Acad I went and passed the cert test for it.

I did the ONT next for a few reasons. The first was that it was super short. The next was because that is what my Net Acad class mates will be studying this summer so I wanted to prove the point that even though it was not required for my degree (I had started school before them and the required classes had changed to make it a requirement for them but not me since I was grandfathered into the old requirements) that I had the knowledge to pass it. But I think the biggest reasons were because it was short and easy compared to the other two I now have left.

I am actually studying for the BSCI now and I am definitely remembering why I hated it; it has so much more material than the BCMSN and ONT.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Congrats :)
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!! I'm hoping to take this in the next 2 weeks
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Congrats on the pass, I am currently studying for the BCMSN exam
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good going..... icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! 1 step closer to NP..