Options

Passed with 914 (yey)

somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just finished taking the exam this morning and got 914. I was expecting more of a failure and retake. Anyway lots of backup and permissions, 1 performance, 2 TS, 5 sims (or 6?) and one retarded question.

Like everyone here, I wish there was more sims on the exam.

Like everyone else that took the test, yes the questions have excess useless infos for added confusion.

Study materials:

MS Press 70-290 Self-Paced training book
CBT Nuggets 70-290
TestOut 70-290 (to practice some sims and the practice exam)
Uber stuff here (technotes, reading posts from generous folks here)

and now more coffee, must take the 70-291 or 270 icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif

Overclocked Admin
coffee.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations, thats a very good score indeed. Good luck on the next one!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do 270. It has a lot of overlap with 290. Permissions, performance monitoring, backup, etc. is all going to be the same. If I remember correctly, the only major difference is the deployment material. Between daily use with XP and the 290 information, you should be pretty well covered.

Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Awesome Score! Congrats!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats Dude!

291 is very tough. 270 isn't so bad, about as hard at 290 IMHO. How ambitious are you in the next month or two is the question icon_wink.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    Thanks guys !

I'm trying to get one certification every 30-40 days since April but 291 might need more time than that. I'll prolly go for 270 first if it is easier then dedicate a good 2 months of studying to take on the beast.

In the mean time I'll continue lurking around here and help out as much as i can.

I got a 914 but it also showed me that I still have a lot more to learn. icon_redface.gif

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I got a 914 but it also showed me that I still have a lot more to learn. icon_redface.gif

I would feel good getting a 914. That's a good score and absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about.

We ALL in the forum have lots to learn anyways....

PS - Good plan of action for 270, then 2 months for 291.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    There were some questions on Backup and WSUS that i didn't really remember or might even not know and I was expecting to get just around 700. Hooray for sims though. icon_cool.gif

I had to stay for more than 7 minutes or more on some questions and still I was not quite sure of which one is the best answer for the question. They designed the exam questions to make the test-taker really think, or get confused so badly. icon_eek.gif

Just shows me that i need not rush for the 291, else I'll definitely fail... icon_redface.gif

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There were some questions on Backup and WSUS that i didn't really remember or might even not know and I was expecting to get just around 700. Hooray for sims though. icon_cool.gif

I had to stay for more than 7 minutes or more on some questions and still I was not quite sure of which one is the best answer for the question. They designed the exam questions to make the test-taker really think, or get confused so badly. icon_eek.gif

Just shows me that i need not rush for the 291, else I'll definitely fail... icon_redface.gif

congrats on your pass and good luck on 291. Heed your own advice and take your time comprehending the subject matter; specifically DNS RRAS DHCP. Those are the 3 bad boys of the beast. Labs will be your friend :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just finished taking the exam this morning and got 914. I was expecting more of a failure and retake. Anyway lots of backup and permissions, 1 performance, 2 TS, 5 sims (or 6?) and one retarded question.

Like everyone here, I wish there was more sims on the exam.

Like everyone else that took the test, yes the questions have excess useless infos for added confusion.

Study materials:

MS Press 70-290 Self-Paced training book
    CBT Nuggets 70-290
    TestOut 70-290 (to practice some sims and the practice exam)
    Uber stuff here (technotes, reading posts from generous folks here)

Hi Congrats what you mean by 2 TS?

Thanks

and now more coffee, must take the 70-291 or 270 icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!