Options

I'm Back!

OK, after two months of NO study, decided to apply the pressure and take an exam as soon as possible. That day happened to be today, the result was OK at 83% (pass mark is 65%) on 1Y0-258 (Citrix Presentation Server 4.0:Support).

I had taken the course a year or so ago and purchased the CitrixXperience Study guide and test engine at the time. The CitrixXperience really gets up in the zone ready for the exam and well worth the money IMO.

I am off to get ready for 1Y0-456, next stop CitrixXperience :D

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So is it safe to say that you are officially slightly less stupid now?

Welcome back and congratulations!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on the build exam (and wrapping up your CCEA).
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, sounds like you really got your money's worth in that class.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    I'd have to disagree on this the 258 Support course was a waste of money (just my personal opinion). Brian Madden's class is far superior as a follow on to the 256 course and I would recommend it over the Support class for anyone interested in furthering their Citrix knowledge.
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    astorrs wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:
    I'd have to disagree on this the 258 Support course was a waste of money (just my personal opinion). Brian Madden's class is far superior as a follow on to the 256 course and I would recommend it over the Support class for anyone interested in furthering their Citrix knowledge.

I did the 2 day classroom course and must confess that I spent much of the time as the thorn in the side of the instructor. Often he would explain a way of doing things that was inapplicable to the real world or was just flat wrong. I cannot hold my tongue in this situation so was frequently correcting him and suggesting better, faster and more secure ways of doing things.

Working with Citrix for 10 years sorta made no sense going on the course, but was a couple of days out of the normal pattern :D

I was looking at the Brian Madden classes the other night, if you rate them I might just take a closer look?
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    stupidboy wrote:
    Often he would explain a way of doing things that was inapplicable to the real world or was just flat wrong.
    You nailed it there. All Citrix courses show the Citrix-only "book" way of doing things, the problem is no one (and I mean no one) does it that way. You'll love Brian's classes I've yet to meet someone who wasn't happy with the course, they are focused on "the real world" and as such don't always suggest the way that will help you pass 258 for example, just the way that will actually work. ;)